What's new

Best Indian blade

Which ones are top tier for you? Do any of them fit that bill? Since Gillette is moving production to India, it would be nice to know how people feel about their current productions. My Indian tier list is as follows:

1. Gillette Winner Stainless (white)
2. Gillette Blacks
3. Gillette Wilkinson Sword
4. Gillette 365
5. Gillette 7oc Green

The GWSs are #1 for me, but if I was asked for a general recommendation I would say 7 o'clock Perma Sharp green. They don't last me many shaves, but they are nearly as good as Nacets and are even cheaper! I have given up on Black Ninjas, they keep mangling my face.

I should mention that I have other Indian blades that I prefer more.

There is also Winner Platinum.

My personal favourite is and always has been the 365. They are the blades I have in biggest quantity out of all DE models I own (not only India).

From the Gillette offering I've tried from there, I like the 365 the most. The green 7 o'clock is decent, but the Gillette/Wilkinson Sword one I don't like. Actually, Super max platinum has been the best performing Indian blade for me.

The 7 O'Clock are alright. I don't like RK that Henson provides at all. The Gillette Wilkinson Sword are pretty bad. There are some other brands that are really good, but my brain isn't working this late. I've forgotten them because I don't use a DE razor much anymore.

The Blacks are by far my favorite, but the price has gotten ridiculous lately. I enjoy the GWS quite a bit and have a few hundred.

There is also Winner Platinum.

My personal favourite is and always has been the 365. They are the blades I have in biggest quantity out of all DE models I own (not only India).
I try the Plats one more time and get back to you. I tried the Stainless and Platinum Winners at the same time a few months back and I recall finding the Stainless ones to be better. As for the 365, they are really good on the first shave but had reduced in quality significantly by the second. First shave wise, they were about as smooth and sharp as a feather for me.

I try the Plats one more time and get back to you. I tried the Stainless and Platinum Winners at the same time a few months back and I recall finding the Stainless ones to be better. As for the 365, they are really good on the first shave but had reduced in quality significantly by the second. First shave wise, they were about as smooth and sharp as a feather for me.
For me it is the other way round. Winner Platinum is pretty decent. Winner Stainless is terrible (Let's not forget it is not manufactured by Gillette).

Have been using 365 for 15 years. They usually give me 4 equally good and close shaves. And I have black barbwire for whiskers.

Top Bottom