What's new

Atomic Rocket 26mm Synthetic Shaving Brush - Suave Knot

It’s very comfortable! It is my first synthetic brush and bought it with the Travel Scuttle. It works great! Soft and makes a ton of lather with softer soaps like Stirling or Crown King/ PAA. Glad to have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really like this brush handle. Handle is huge and heavy. Wish more handles were like this. Not a big fan of synthetics, but this one has nice bristles with super soft tips.

My first synthetic. I've been using it every day for a couple of weeks now.

Rocket.jpg

I have had only boars in the past. This brush is hefty, but for me is just the right size. I bought it largely because the handle was just the size and weight I was looking for (love it) and it seemed OK to try a synthetic at less than $16 shipped in US.

The tips are very soft, but the brush has good backbone. It lathers easier than my boar brushes (I bowl lather), but also soaks a lot of lather up into itself which took a little getting used to. Dries in a matter of hours and hasn't lost a bristle. Because of this brush, I am completely sold on synthetics - don't plan on using any other brush for the forseeable future.

Highly recommended (and at this price, you can't really go wrong).

View attachment 881594

I have had only boars in the past. This brush is hefty, but for me is just the right size. I bought it largely because the handle was just the size and weight I was looking for (love it) and it seemed OK to try a synthetic at less than $16 shipped in US.

The tips are very soft, but the brush has good backbone. It lathers easier than my boar brushes (I bowl lather), but also soaks a lot of lather up into itself which took a little getting used to. Dries in a matter of hours and hasn't lost a bristle. Because of this brush, I am completely sold on synthetics - don't plan on using any other brush for the forseeable future.

Stirling Tuxedo and Razorock Big Bruce are 2 of my favorite synthetics (Have about 6) but this one catches my eye. May have to pic one up too............dang enablers................

It matches perfectly with a shaving mug, if you struggle with Williams, try this brush in a Marvy mug.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
I'm a big synth fan, and the Atomic Rocket is a beauty. It's soft on the face and efficient in the bowl; plus it has yet to shed a hair after--I think--six months of use. And yes, the handle is a very satisfying fistful. It's a regular in my rotation, along with a Stirling Kong and some venerable H.I.S synths.

Does it scrub like the boar brushes you have? I miss that feeling when I use my tuxedo brush.

View attachment 881594

Does it scrub like the boar brushes you have? I miss that feeling when I use my tuxedo brush.

It honest feels like my Parker Silvertip with a bit more backbone. I have an Omega 48 Pro and a Semogue 830, they have much more backbone and scrub.

Also, the Measurements of the Loft are exactly the same as Big Bruce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love mine. The knot has very soft tips but still has good backbone, the handle is large, comfortable and heavy and I love the retro style of it.
I find the brush to be a bit big for what I want but its more a matter of personal preference.

The Rocket has a very classy look!

The scrub is there on synths like this, but it really depends on you skin I’d say. It’s a more gentle scrub reinforced by a light amount of backbone due to the bristle material. It is a very middle of the road brush, perhaps erring on the softer side for some. They won’t scrub your face off and they won’t go limp noodle on you either.

Top Bottom