What's new

As part of Old Spice Monday, tried the new Old Spice 'Spiffy' pomade

Didn't smell bad, on initial open. Felt less 'dry' or 'gel' than the American Crew and Axe pomades I have, although not as much of the clean smell that the Axe oddly enough has. It's sort of like the newer Old Spice AS, but more mild.

A few hours later into work, and it holds pretty good. It doesn't keep that 'wet' or Don Draper look (which is how I have my hair cut) but does hold great and style well. Recommended for the 8 bucks or so my Wife spent at Target.

I have this as well and found it to be not that bad. I normally use a shine pomade (Layrite is my go-to), but on the weekends, or whenever I'm not going for a more natural look but still parting my hair, I use the OS Spiffy. Light hold, dry look, good price. I'll buy it again (though I'll likely have the container I currently have for a long time...).

How is the Layrite? Just looking it up now on Ebay. I have the American Crew (which I thought was over-rated) and the Axe, which was a lot better than the name brand would be. I'll also take any other recommendations, as I'm never 100 percent happy with my hair stuff.

Top Bottom