What's new

ARE YOU A REAL PERSON?

Legion

Staff member
I'm getting this on my phone.

257DA365-FA0D-412F-A97E-362EF06DBC41.png

I know that two-factor authentication is supposed to make the web more secure and using CAPTCHA challenges is supposed to deter web bots, but sometimes they just go way to far.

For example, I can understand why Amazon would want to confirm my login and use two-factor authentication before I make a purchase. But why would they send me an email asking me to confirm whether my delivery was acceptable and then ask me to login with my credentials and two-factor authentication just to click that the delivery was great. After all, the email to which they sent the delivery confirmation is one I use to confirm my identity.

Then there are the CAPTCHAS that ask you to solve not one, but two or three visual puzzles. My eyesight has never been great since I was a child, so solving these puzzles is a pain.

Anytime you click on a link not knowing from whence it came, you are opening yourself up to viruses, trackers and scams. Always be cautions of clicking on anything that might lead down a dark alley.

That would make me leave the site. I don't tolerate foolishness well. Especially when it comes to technology.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I work in this space and fatigue attacks are a thing we've become aware of in the last year and worked to mitigate.

"someone logged in from (your local) was it you?" keep doing that long enough so the person that get the legitimate second factor text finally say "YES" to make it stop and you get in.

The better way is to show a number on the screen and then ask them to click the same number on their mobile or other device.

I suspect this has to do with the recent DDOS attack on cloudfare?

Why would the two be in any way related? Adware showing up here has nothing to do with CF's ability to withstand a volumetric attack. If B&B was unreachable at the time, that would be potentially causative.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I don't get the "are you a real person" screen, but just recently, I started getting a "Did you find all you were looking for?" or some such white bar at the top of the page.... and on a laptop, it takes up too much of the screen not to be annoying. I was just clicking the X in the top right hand corner.. and it said... "Thank your for feedback". Today, it hasn't appeared yet.

I know that two-factor authentication is supposed to make the web more secure and using CAPTCHA challenges is supposed to deter web bots, but sometimes they just go way to far.

For example, I can understand why Amazon would want to confirm my login and use two-factor authentication before I make a purchase. But why would they send me an email asking me to confirm whether my delivery was acceptable and then ask me to login with my credentials and two-factor authentication just to click that the delivery was great. After all, the email to which they sent the delivery confirmation is one I use to confirm my identity.

Then there are the CAPTCHAS that ask you to solve not one, but two or three visual puzzles. My eyesight has never been great since I was a child, so solving these puzzles is a pain.

Anytime you click on a link not knowing from whence it came, you are opening yourself up to viruses, trackers and scams. Always be cautions of clicking on anything that might lead down a dark alley.
I hate, hate, HATE those CAPTCHA puzzles. With a passion. With the intensity of a thousand suns.

Top Bottom