What's new

Annular solar eclipse today

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Break out your eclipse glasses from 2017!

proxy.php

A lot of us will see this. Any eclipse is worth a look if your weather is permitting.

I remember an eclipse in 85 or 86, where the sun's shadow coming through the trees made a thousand little crescent eclipse shadows on the sidewalk ... amazing sight!

DO NOT LOOK AT IT WITHOUT ISO-APPROVED VISION PROTECTION. There, I used caps - yeah! Community outreach message for real: don't go blind.

As the celestial gears turn, we observe, each with our own thoughts on its meaning. I like clocks and timepieces; is this not the grandest one?

AA

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I didn't have any glasses so I didn't look at it...light just got a little dimmer outside.

Funny thing though. Grandma cat wanted to go outside a bit before it started and didn't want to come in. I popped in and out until it peaked and Grandma came in about 30 minutes after it peaked. I was out in the sunlight with her when it was at its peak.

That was strange. I wonder if she was trying to tell me something.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Missed it. But no doubt I would have A. Blinded myself or B. Got a terrible photo.

IDK how y’all get these great photos with our phones. Maybe with my new iPhone 15 + Pro Max Super Duper phone I can finally figure it out.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Missed it. But no doubt I would have A. Blinded myself or B. Got a terrible photo.

IDK how y’all get these great photos with our phones. Maybe with my new iPhone 15 + Pro Max Super Duper phone I can finally figure it out.
I just stuck my cheap Android carefully into the 25mm eyepiece of "Heavy Duty Judy," a beat-up 90mm refractor (Celestron Inspire 90 AZ). Judy is a $30 Goodwill scope on a $350 ES Twilight I mount (don't ask me about astronomy economics). Homemade solar filter atop (Baader filter, dollar store bucket).

cvbvb.jpg

AA

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?

I want that new iPhone but my wallet doesn’t. I have the 13 pro max with 1 terabyte of memory. All of my music and movies are on this baby!!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I want that new iPhone but my wallet doesn’t. I have the 13 pro max with 1 terabyte of memory. All of my music and movies are on this baby!!
:punk: The thing with astrophotography, other people will always get better photos, but the ones you shoot are uniquely yours - which makes it worth doing. That said, not investing $5K in a piggyback scope setup.

AA

Top Bottom