What's new

Americans, be very afraid of British TV!

Oh then they wouldn't like that building that they put up at my alma mater just before I graduated. It had a really long official name, so they came up with this as an acronym: CILIT.

Just use your imaginations folks. Last I heard they stopped using the acronym! :lol1:

I'll do you one better, we have a 'chain' of universities in the Netherlands, which are all catholic and generally go by their acronyms. For example, the Catholic University Nijmegen, or 'Katholieke Universiteit Nijmegen' would go bij 'KUN'. Then they opened one in Tilburg...which should be 'Katholieke Universiteit Tilburg', or 'KUT'...which happens to be the Dutch version of the 'C-word' (alhtough in Dutch it is used much more liberally). They promptly ditched the acronyms after that :tongue_sm

About German TV, anyone ever see 'Bernie and Ert' on public TV? It's a parody on 'Bert and Ernie'...well, let's just say the both of them are gay (Well, no surprises there), have a thing for sextoys, drugs and drinking and of course violence is encouraged. It's really funny, although I could do without the image of ...well...just youtube it if you want to know ;)

Eric Idol was rather miffed at the FCC a while back. So much so that he made a nice little song which would have bankrupted him had it made onto US TV. I would post the link but it's maybe best if you have a look on youtube for the Eric Idol FCC song, just to keep me or anyone who clicks it in work out of trouble.

If Oprah talks about anything, I'm offended.

:lol:

Do HBO shows air on public TV?

Sopranos, Sex in the City to name but two featured a fair bit of nudity and swearing.

Yes and no, they often air on non-premium or basic cable channels or in some cases on over the air network TV but as mentioned are heavily edited.

Yes and no.

Yes they air on non-cable channels but they are heavily edited.

What he said! :001_rolle

Top Bottom