Items by yomuppet

yomuppet
1.25 star(s) 4 ratings
Views
Reviews
Great scent, if you like light, soapy, and powdery. Not sickly sweet like some cherry almond scents, I personally do not detect but a hint of almond. What mostly comes across is light and powdery. I personally prefer the scent of Arlington, but Almond would be a close second for me. Harris always has the best lather of any soap I've used, and I've used a lot of soaps. 3 swirls (back and forth) on this soap and I have enough to cover my entire shave. Slick and smooth, with no drying...
yomuppet
1.00 star(s) 25 ratings
Views
Reviews
When you first open the package there is a bright citrus note, almost like fruit or a candy. Way too much citrus for me. But then you go back to it the next day, it's a little less. Repeat for a week or two, and now you have a nice deep fern scent. It's intoxicating really. The scent will stay this way for the rest of the soap's life (mine has, and I've been using it daily for a year). Best lather of any soap I've used, and I've used a lot of soaps. 3 swirls (back and forth) on this...
yomuppet
0.40 star(s) 43 ratings
Views
Reviews
I found these blades to be quite sharp, mowing down hairs with ease. They were also one of the most forgiving blades I have used. You should not be using any pressure with a DE, but with these blades you can make mistakes and still not get cut. At 8 cents per blade when bought in bulk, these are some of the cheapest blades you can buy. My only complaint was that they only lasted 3 shaves, but at that price it's reasonable. After 3 shaves they're too dull to do much. The blades are...
yomuppet
0.58 star(s) 12 ratings
Views
Reviews
Very similar to the Russian yellows, so I'll alter my review of those a bit where necessary: These are darn near as sharp as I ever remember a feather being, and it was SMOOTH. Whereas the feather is a bit rough, and can easily bite unpredictable, the yellow 7 o'clock glides across my face smooth and easy, and these Indian greens are at least as smooth (if anything, maybe a bit smoother). If you like the yellows, or the swedes, you'll probably like these. At $26(ish) for 100 they are...
Hello Folks, I have had the opportunity to try one of Northwoods Woodcraft ( http://stores.ebay.com/Northwoods-Woodcraft )'s 22mm knot x 70mm loft Custom Silvertip Badger Brushes. The vendor: This was simply the best packing job I have seen to date from a brush vendor. The brush was wrapped in bubble wrap, placed in a padded and reinforced tube, more bubble wrap, then a padded mailer. My English brushes have mostly come in a box, set in a padded mailer. Much more care and attention to...
Top Bottom