Items by Smedley

There is a local soapmaker in Toronto, Soapscope. Her soaps are nice, but this is all about her creams. I've used two (Urban and Cool Dude), she has three other scents I haven't tried yet (Zen, Lavender Basil, Vanilla). Price: $16 CDN for 240 ml, not as pricey as some, "but more than Fraser's!!", you cry. Yeah, yeah. I know. Fraser's. Scent: The two I've tried have been very single-note smells. The Cool Dude says white spruce, and by golly, that's what you get. Don't think sickly...
Got this in a trade and thought I would lather it up. The soap is glycerine-based. But the suds you get from it are hard to keep in a lather. There is still some that remains on your skin, but it does vanish too quickly for my liking. The main ingredients are camphor, cloves, and eucalyptus. Which gave me a persistent low level burn during the shave. I have never been so happy to finish an ATG pass and wipe off the lather. I don't consider myself to have sensitive skin. I imagine if...
This all started with a PM to Mama Bear. I've had this low-level constant itchy and mildly flaky scalp for a year or so now. I used to use coal tar products back in the day, but I refused to go back to them. They stink and are really harsh, and I hate to think what else they are doing to me. So I PMed Sue and asked if she knew any natural alternatives. She suggested I could try her Rosemary Mint shampoo as she had experimented with it herself and had success. Naturally, an order was on...
Smedley
0.50 star(s) 6 ratings
Views
Reviews
How to review this stuff? It claims to both cleanse the face and soften the whiskers before a shave. Well, it does get rid of the dead cells and whatnot. I was suffering an oily skin attack and this helped beat it back. But one of the big claims to fame on the packaging was how well it worked as a pre-shave. Let me be the first to tell you that, for a tough set of whiskers, this stuff does jack. I let it sit for a long time, used different amounts on my face in the shower, and my...
My first aftershave milk ever purchased, back when I didn't know any better, was Dr. Harris. Was it new formula, old formula? I dunno. I just know I liked the light scent and the way it helped to moisturize my skin after. Fast forward to when the ADs had really set in. I decided it was time to try some SCS stuff, but what? I couldn't get any EDT being up here in Canada. I had a copious supply of soaps and creams (see comment about ADs really setting in). So what? Why not some aftershave...
I was hankering for this shave cream ever since I first read its description, and it did not disappoint in the shave when I got it. It has a rose scent, but not sickly sweet. It is more like a wild rose, with an undertone of earth or fresh green leaves layered under. Slick and protective, lathers like a dream. Comes in a standard twist top plastic jar. Like her soaps, a winner of a shaving product. Some people have commented on the price, but it is well worth every penny in my opinion. I...
Got this and been using it for a while, so I now have enough info to post a fair review of it. A small knot and long handle was the combo I was looking for, and this brush delivers. Tips aren't rated as soft (6). It's a skritchy pure badger. If you want soft tips, get a different grade of badger hair. :biggrin: The transparent handle is a nice touch, gives it a real modern look. Would get some comments at the gym if you shaved with it there, I imagine. Pros: Nice long handle for...
Top Bottom