Items by russellnyc

russellnyc
0.57 star(s) 7 ratings
Views
Reviews
I have very high regard for this stuff. It smells exactly like the heirloom roses in my backyard garden, and spraying a bit of this on absolutely brings me back there. This is not a sweet chemical smell or a perfumed odor, it is 100% roses. My wife dislikes this scent on me, which is too bad because I'd love to use it every day. After an especially bad shave, a few sprays of this on my face removes razor burn almost immediately, and replaces the burn with a fresh-from-the-rose-garden...
I don't have a really high opinion of this stuff. I bought it eager to try a pedigreed splash (rather than the balms I usually favor) expecting it to be wet and to smell strongly of sandalwood. I was wrong on both counts. First time I aplied it, I dabbed out a little in my palm, rubbed my hands together, then paused for 1.5 seconds to look over my shoulder. Lo and behold, when I slapped hand to face, boh were bone dry. Nothing there! I've tried mixing with water in my palm, that...
russellnyc
0.80 star(s) 5 ratings
Views
Reviews
This is the one product my wife thanks me for wearing, and no matter how many other products I try to love, this is the only one that she will comment on. Oddly enough, it's not just my wife -- basenotes.com goes so far as to say that it's "a big hit with the ladies." The fragrance notes are: They also rated its endurance of the balm at 6 hours, which is about right (http://www.basenotes.net/articles/balmendurance.html). This is the balm I turn to (over AoS, Taylor of OBS, T&H, and...
russellnyc
0.16 star(s) 25 ratings
Views
Reviews
I've been using these for a while, and although I ended up with all three of them, I use lavender almost exclusively (this is my third vial). I find lavender and sandalwood absolutely intoxicating, so much so that they have spoiiled other renditions of those scents for me. Their moisturizing capability is also unrivaled among all others I have tried so far. The only downside for me is the price ($38 for 122 ml), and the fact that, because it contains vitamin C, it tends to sting a bit...
Top Bottom