Items by kg0mz

Some people cannot stand broccoli or brussel sprouts. Both are bitter and awful tasting to these people. A gene in your DNA determines this. I'm guessing there is a vetiver-ish gene in my DNA. To me, vetiver is one of the more appealing scents there is or ever will be. You will not find broccoli or brussel sprouts in RdV, but I would be willing to wager that if you like brussel sprouts you will like the vetiver in RdV. Some say black currants are nasty. Robins love them, and so do I...
Ok. You know the routine. Citrus, aromatic spices, woods and leather, in that order. Expensive, unsurpassed quality, fancy box and bottle, honest/natural scent, as complex as life, lasts all day and into the night, comes with a precision atomizer. This may be my favorite scent, it is the finest cologne in my cabinet. People comments on this one. Even if they don't say anything, I notice that they notice. I read this is the more masculine of the AdP colonias.
Price - The price is $85 +/- for 1.7 oz. Quality - At this price, you would expect a high quality EdP. I think it is. I was looking for different vetiver qualities, but this is a nice product. Packaging - Packaging is fine. Meh. I am happy with a paper label on a plain bottle, like DR Harris stuff. I toss the bottle when empty. No great shakes. Scent - This is not my vetiver of all vetivers, but I like it. On top, it is a vivid citrus, a surprisingly distinct grapefruit...
DR Harris aftershaves are among my favorites. Marlborough ranks right up there. I like the scent well enough to spring for the soap and the cologne. I use Marlborough all four seasons. Shop around. The price can vary $20-25 a 100 ml bottle. (ed. by that I mean you can expect to pay $30 to $55 a bottle). It has some alcohol in it, so there is a short-lived and mild burn. The cooling sensation is no menthol, but it is followed by a medicinal effect that I find very comforting...
Around the time I rationalized spending $60 on a travel brush (one of my better ideas), I decided life was too short to deprive myself of quality fragrances. I'm not sorry I bought this. It is useful in certain circumstances. For instance, there is hugging galore at funerals and weddings where appearing to be a proper (if eccentric) gentleman makes sense. Yes, I could pass as proper and gentlemanly for less than what I paid for 1445, but it is high quality stuff, for sure...
kg0mz
4.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Views
Reviews
The Vulfix Turnback is hand made and very well done. It is a semi-floppy super badger that is not cheap at $59, but the quality is high. The density is about right for a travel brush, by that I mean it dries fairly quickly. The stiffness of the tips is adequate for Proraso and Cella soaps, and the softness of the tips makes this brush a treat to use with creams. The design is cleaver and reliable. It is indestructible. If lathering on the face I don't attach the handle. If a bowl or...
Top Bottom