Items by Hoos

I picked up a box of the Sienna bath soap from C&E. $20 for a box of three bars (5.3 oz. each). The Sienna performs great as a bath soap. The scent is almost exactly like the shaving soap (maybe a touch more leather); the bars last for a fair amount of time (two weeks so far on one bar); and it does what bath soap is supposed to do. The soap lather is fine. Nothing to write home about. It's a vegetable soap (with vitamin E added), so I don't expect heaps of lather. Afterward...
Hanae Mori is best known as a fashion designer. She's prominent in the design world and started a line of fragrances. H.M. is her only scent for men. Basenotes' scent pyramid for it is: Top Notes: Lemon, Lavender, Blackcurrant, Green notes, Middle Notes: Iris, Jasmine, Muguet, Bulgarian Rose, Base Notes: Moss, Vanilla, Tonka Bean, Cedarwood, Chocolate, Amber My experience with it is that it begins with a very strong and sweet vanilla. After an hour, I rinsed it off under...
I purchased the Cefiro, marketed by Floris as a scent for men and women. It was described as having a citrus scent. The Basenotes directory does list the top notes as "lime, grapefruit, mandarin, and lemon". However, the scent is immediately reminiscent of Aramis (the 1980s version), is strong, and any citrus is overpowered by the sandalwood/cedar wood base notes. There's a noticeable chemical note to the scent (reminiscent of hairspray) as it dries down. The scent is not...
Top Bottom