Items by FaPat5

Unlike many online shaving stores, who sell their own branded soaps, the guys over at http://www.shaving-shack.com/ have not gone for a simple glycerin soap with all the usual scents. Instead, they have gone for an 'olive oil' based shaving soap. When I received this soap I, quite frankly, didn't really know what to expect. The soap does not come in the usual round dish-refill shape, but rather it was just a bar of soap. It also had an odd green colour to it, which I had not encountered...
This aftershave milk comes in a cool 50ml bottle, and is a great summer product. The scent is very similar to Aqua di Parma aftershave (the one with the yellow box), but a bit more...green. The aftershave sooths the skin well, and does seem to stop razor burn. A little will go a long way here, and a small amount will suffice for most, or perhaps even all of your face. There is no cooling sensation here, but I don't think if would be nice to have one, as it would spoil the product. I...
FaPat5
2.17 star(s) 6 ratings
Views
Reviews
The Ranger Tech (without endcaps and datecode) was only made for one year, and as such is fairly rare. However, it is worth owning one just for that name "Ranger Tech". How cool does that sound? Anyway, on to the razor itself: Price: These can be quite pricey depending on where you get them. I got mine from a forum member for a pretty good price (I think $35). Don't go for the $80 eBay ones, unless you are collecting its just too much. Quality: This razor is over 60 years old, and...
Some of my favourite blades (Gillette Silver Blue and Nacet) have come from the Czech Republic, and so, when I purchased these blades from a B&B member I was looking foward to a good shave. The blades look just like those from the 1910s, 20s before the modern design developed. I like the look of these blades, but their performance (or lack thereof) is something entirely different. I have rated both blades, as they are both pretty much identical in my opinion. [NOTE] The Tiger blades...
Out of sheer curiosity, I went out and purchased a bottle of Old Spice Whitewater. When I got home, I found a transparent glass bottle in the traditional Old Spice shape, but with a square-ish pattern going accross the whole bottle, and containing a cool-looking blue liquid. In terms of the ratings criteria: Price: Costs a little under £5 here in the UK, which is not bad, as the product does work fairly well. Quality: The whole thing is made very well, and the even the plastic...
FaPat5
1.14 star(s) 7 ratings
Views
Reviews
This is another shaving stick available in Spain. It is vegetable-based (like La Toja), and also comes in a nice clear plastic tube, which makes it excellent for travel. Price: I have been told that these retail for around €1.50, which makes them slightly cheaper than La Toja, and a whole €1 cheaper than the 'Gal for men' stick. This is great value, considering that this product works just as well as the more expensive Gal stick. Quality: The stick comes in a sturdy plastic tube, which...
I received this stick from a very generous B&B member along with some other common drugstore-type shaving sticks from Spain. This was the only tallow based stick, however, it does not really outperform the others (La Toja and LEA). Price: I have been informed that this stick costs around €2.50, which is certainly not bad. This is a 50g stick, and seems to last quite some time. Furthermore, it comes with a lid, which is a bonus. Quality: The stick seems well made, and well-packaged...
This is a great shaving soap. It comes in a nice shaving mug, with a big 'lump' of soap (150g if I remember correctly). From the contents this soap seems to be based on palm oil soap, not tallow, however it still performs great. I really like the scent too, but unfortunately I am really rubbish at describing scents, so instead I will just quote the website for this detail: This long lasting fragrance contains many citrus notes such as lemon, lemon grass, verbena, orange and bergamot...
These are not the Swedish Gillette blades. I believe these are made by Procter and Gamble in the UK. they are available in pretty much any local pharmacy (except Boots) at around £1 for 5 blades. They come in the standard Gillette dispenser, which allows easy access without any wrappers, and a place to store the used blades underneith the dispenser. These blades are great, and in fact, I actually prefer these to Swedish Gs. They are quite smooth, and sharp. A little like Derby blades...
FaPat5
0.17 star(s) 12 ratings
Views
Reviews
You can get this shaving cream pretty much in any Boots store here in the UK (and I believe it is available in the US as well). It costs around £10, and comes in a cool dispenser. This is what I would call a "modern" approach to shaving cream. The cream is quite 'liquid', not thick like normal shaving creams (such as Taylor, Speick, Palmolive, etc). I have attached a picture below of what it looks like on my brush. The dispenser suggests the use of 1-1.5 shots of cream...
FaPat5
0.50 star(s) 2 ratings
Views
Reviews
My father brought me this brush from Germany as a Christmas gift. As such I don't know how much it costs, so as it was free for me I just put 10 down for that. I don't really know that much about the manufacturer, however, from what I have been able to tell from using the brush, it is a very nice item. It comes in a bog-standard plastic box, like a common Wilkinson-Sword brush, or the Men-U boar brush. The hairs are densly packed, and are also quite soft, yet firm. The handle is just...
FaPat5
0.35 star(s) 17 ratings
Views
Reviews
I have had this stuff in my drawer for a while, and initially I was not too fond of it. I tried it again today, and must say that it is actually not too bad. It comes in a nice glass bottle, and is only around £2.50, and its available pretty much everywhere. The scent is nice, and different from anything else I have. I can not identify anything in particular, it is just a smell. However, it does not smell cheap like those Gillette after shave gels. It does burn quite a bit (like Old...
This is a great brush, which can be had for about £10-£12 from various places, including Boots. This is the pure bristle version, but beware, they also make synthetic brushes. It is probably boars bristle, not Badger bristle, but its still quite comfortable. Forget the cheap Wilkinson brushes that you can get in Tesco, they are too hard. These are still comfortable, and are great if you just want to give wet shaving a go, but don't want to spend large amounts of money. It comes with a small...
Top Bottom