Items by DougK

I haven't used canned foam since I started wetshaving seven or eight months ago. However, I was buying some Feather blades at West Coast Shaving and saw that they had Proraso foam on clearance. I was curious to see if this stuff was any good, so I added a can to my order. I've been using the foam on a regular basis for the last three weeks with both cartridge and DE razors. Price: Clearance price of $6.00 for an 8.8 oz. (250ml) can at West Coast Shaving. Good sale price but I don't think...
Price: I purchased this razor as NOS from B&B user merwtje (real name Erwin, a great guy to deal with) for $19 including shipping. This price was quite fair considering Erwin sent it from the Netherlands. Quality: The overall build quality is what I have come to expect from vintage Gillettes. The head is well constructed; the silo doors are a teeny bit floppy when loosened but they tighten down perfectly and are aligned correctly. The blade exposure is even on both sides and the safety bar...
I've been interested in trying face lathering for a while and had heard many good things about Mama Bear's soaps around here, so I ordered this shave stick as my introduction to face lathering. I received the soap yesterday (December 8) and gave it a trial run this morning with a Mach 3 so that I could fairly evaluate the soap without worrying about my razor technique. Price: I paid $2.75 for the half-ounce sample stick; note that a full two-ounce stick is either $6.99 or $7.99 depending...
Top Bottom