Items by bobbyd

bobbyd
1.00 star(s) 4 ratings
Views
Reviews
I a small sample of this from Em a while back, and just pulled it out this week. I didn't have very high hopes for it. I have been very impressed with the British creams, but most of them have a lot of chemical ingredients that help make a thick lather - while the more natural domestically produced creams (Gentle Man's Quarter and The Shaving Den) have been a little on the hard to lather side - and either require a ton of cream to get a thick lather, or give a more latte like lather than...
bobbyd
2.50 star(s) 2 ratings
Views
Reviews
I bought this soap when I was just starting to wet shave, the only other soap I had purchased before this was Col. Conk's almond. I was vacationing in Madison, and walked into this shop to find a great selection of soaps, including this one that they make in house. Now I have tried many soaps and creams and can still call this soap a great value, and compares with Col Conks, and other affordable glycerin soaps...
Last year I had just started my acquisition disorder, and stopped into Soap Opera in Madison, WI when my wife and I were visiting. It is a great little store. They had their own home made soap. I picked up the Shea Butter one because I like a thicker/more moisturizing soap. All their others are more of the clear glycerin style. www.thesoapopera.com It has been a good soap. Nice light slightly floral fragrance. Very slick. Nice thick foam. Super cheap 3.95 - and available...
bobbyd
0.68 star(s) 19 ratings
Views
Reviews
Saw this at target, and when I openned it up, it looked so luscious that I couldn't resist. $8 for 6 ounces seemed like a good price. The directions even recommended using a brush for optimal results, so I thought they might speak my language. Any ways, it has that SheaButter smell. So if you like that, you will like the smell. Very mild. The texture is very luxurious and that is what drew me in. I have a relatively thick beard, and need something with oil in it. When I...
Top Bottom