Items by azrichter

azrichter
4.20 star(s) 5 ratings
Views
Reviews
RazoRock firm shaving cream in a plastic tub. Fragrance is a mild fresh mint scent.
Going for the Blue Line trifecta, I wanted to add Blue Line Menthol soap to the Blue Line splash and balm I have (and really like). I was hoping for something with much more menthol. The soap lathers adequately (I don't get real rich lather from it) and gives a better-than-average shave. But I find that it is basically unscented. Try as I might, I can't detect anything but the slightest menthol sensation. There is no other scent associated with it, except for a clean, plain soap fragrance...
I like to shave in the shower and often don't have time to relax and enjoy a shave with my better tools. However, with this razor I feel I make no compromise at all in comfort or quality of my shave. In fact, if I take some time I can easily get as good or better from one of these as I can from any of my other razors. The blades are made in Korea, the only clue as to who makes them. They are consistently sharp and very smooth. But there is something about the shape of the head...
I bought two packages of 10 of these at my corner CVS for under $6.00---a buy one get 50% off on a second deal. I thought they were worth a try. These blades gave me reason to smile. Treets are my favorite blades for the Gem SE shavers, but I found this blade very similar in quality, sharpness and shave-ability. I'm pretty sure that in a blind test I wouldn't be able to tell them apart. I like these blades better than the Gem Stainless SE blades, including the Ted Pella blades...
After using Blue Line splash and balm together for awhile, I'm impressed with this pair of products. Blue Line balm is different than the splash in a number of ways, but the products complement each other very nicely. There is no alcohol in this balm, but it contains enough menthol to give a mildly bracing effect. The fragrance, to me, smells very similar to the SCS Avocado Oil balm with a tad more menthol. This fragrance is present much more so in the balm than the splash. The...
azrichter
2.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Views
Reviews
I really like Blue Line. The product is well-named and the graphics on the bottle fit perfectly. It is cool---like ice, and a little burly---like hockey. Blue Line will wake you up in the morning, checking razor irritation with the sheer force of a menthol and alcohol slap shot (sorry, couldn't resist). But there's also some finesse in its game---Blue Line is somewhat moisturizing for this type of AS. Blue Line has a lot of menthol and seems to kick down razor burn fast. Colder than...
azrichter
2.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Views
Reviews
I love pine-sage scents, but too many are like Pine Sol. This one, however is very natural---a dry, subtle smell, like crushed juniper needles. The soap itself is very slick, soothing and lathers very well. I am a bit sensitive to glycerine soaps (Conk and I don't get along at all) but this is great for me. It has double the aloe of Kell's Hemp/Aloe soap. Worth a try for sensitive skin types and/or anyone who is looking for a nice pine scent.
Bought this because I wanted to try a big brush and was curious about Syntex. Price: $12, shipped. Not bad. Quality: I've yet to be disappointed by an Omega brush, and this one's nice. Density: A Syntex (nylon?) knot is a little different. It has a good density. Stiffness: Pretty floppy when wet, and the bristles kind of stick together in a mass. Yet---it doesn't lay down on the face and the bristles open up when swirled or dabbed. Softness: Not particularly soft, but I don't...
A guy would easily overlook this skin lotion as its packaging and name are sort of feminine. However...this is terrific stuff for a man to use! :thumbup: I bought this because it smelled okay and was inexpensive enough to slather on my alligator-skin legs ($2.79 for 16 oz). It is very effective for this. But I was extremely pleased by what a great all-round cream it is. After taking up traditional shaving, I found this to be an ideal post-shave moisturizer. Rich, but not goopy or...
Having a terrible time picking out a first boar brush, I settled on this one because I trusted Omega boar and it was a compromise between a small and big brush and I think it looks cool, like something I'd like to use every day. It is a pleasure to use and, as it softens with time, can put a walloping big pile of lather up in a hurry. Price: $12 + shipping. Quality: Omega quality---great. A little seam on the plastic handle. Has survived a few hard drops on the floor. Density...
I love this stuff because it is so fresh and clean smelling, really gives a cool blast after the shave, and, after the initial burn, really quiets down any burn or irritation. Price: I can't find it locally so I always have to pay too much to ship. Quailty: Good enough. Perhaps whatever essential oil is in it isn't particularly strong as its essence is very short lived. Fights Razor Burn: Once you fight through the alcohol burn (yowza!) I find that this leaves my face refreshed...
Top Bottom