Items by andrew98

I like my Custom Shavemac D01 (21mm/50mm) just as much as my Custom Shavemac Finest (19mm/45mm) and Rooney 1/1 Super Silvertip (20mm/44mm) but for different reasons. I've said this quite a lot in B&B posts, and it's true. I will now consider adding the *New *Forest 2201 (22mm/52mm) to that statement. Costing approximately $42, this may very well be the best brush available for the money, and some may find it to be the best brush for them, regardless of cost. It's a well made brush with a...
So a $25 boar, eh? I bought this hoping it would be "the one", as far as boar brushes are concerned. I only face lather soaps, and I found my Vulfix 2233 boar to be too floppy for my purposes, although it is a very soft brush with a great handle. The Semogue 620 has a 22mm knot diameter and 50mm loft. It appears to be a very well made brush, and the solid acrylic handle has nice heft and lends an air of quality to the brush. I really dig this handle. It's comfortable to use and looks...
andrew98
1.13 star(s) 8 ratings
Views
Reviews
I've really been enjoying this soap. First off, it's a great value (in the UK at least), as a 100 gram puck can be procured for about 10 pounds (less than $20) in a terracotta bowl with a lid. I've seen this advertised as a cream and a soap. It appears that it began its life as a cream, as it looks like it has been piped into the bowl. I consider this a soap, however, because mine is rock hard and it behaves like a soap. This is a non-tallow soap, but I'm not put off by that. I'm not a...
Pictured are my 21mm/50mm custom Shavemac brush with D01 hair (Nacre handle aka white faux marble), and my new 19mm/45mm Shavemac in Finest (Blue faux marble handle). I would like to share my impressions of the Finest hair grade, particularly in reference to D01. A recent flurry of custom D01 purchases, spurred by a 20% discount organized by huntmol and Bernd at Shavemac, resulted in some comments by new D01 owners about that hair grade's propensity to hog the lather. I had to know if a...
Top Bottom