What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

Does anyone know if an Orient Ray 2 is difficult to find a fitting strap for?
No weird curvatures which would make universal aftermarket straps a bit of a hassle?

Amazon should have send me my new Ray 2 today, but despite paying extra for express shipping, it will arrive on saturday. It comes on the dolphin-mating rubber strap, my wife would possibly notice that it's new (also not a big fan myself). Need a strap ASAP so was thinking about a trip to the jewelers, but dont have the watch yet, so can't try them on.

Cheers!

Screenshot_20240418_090501.jpg

No weird curvatures which would make universal aftermarket straps a bit of a hassle?

Amazon should have send me my new Ray 2 today, but despite paying extra for express shipping, it will arrive on saturday. It comes on the dolphin-mating rubber strap, my wife would possibly notice that it's new (also not a big fan myself). Need a strap ASAP so was thinking about a trip to the jewelers, but dont have the watch yet, so can't try them on.

Cheers!

View attachment 1831305
Not hard to find a band. On mine it is 22mm (I think). I just bought a simple leather band.

Cheers!

View attachment 1831305
Do you want a curved, fitting strap? The straight ends are easy as @ivan_101 said just 22mm.

Some people frown upon leather on a Diver but I wear this combo as well on some watches.
I don't mind leather on a diver. I went for the black one because it should be able to look classy on brown leather and sport on a nato. Perhaps I'll go nuts and score a blue denim sailcloth strap as well, or kahki.

Any hints on affordable straps are welcome!
In fact, if anyone has a tip for a cheap but good stainless steel bracelet from Ali then please share!

I'm still a bit worried about the size, it's a tad bigger than my normal 39-40mm cases. And the 22mm straps are a bit off putting tbh, but we'll see.

I don't mind leather on a diver. I went for the black one because it should be able to look classy on brown leather and sport on a nato. Perhaps I'll go nuts and score a blue denim sailcloth strap as well, or kahki.

In fact, if anyone has a tip for a cheap but good stainless steel bracelet from Ali then please share!

I'm still a bit worried about the size, it's a tad bigger than my normal 39-40mm cases. And the 22mm straps are a bit off putting tbh, but we'll see.
It wears smaller than the specs and tbh it could be that they include the crown into the measurements as Citizen does sometimes.

In regards to straps, mostly Natos but also some 2 piece and leather ones too.

Strapsco.com have a plethora of inexpensive options.

I really like it, especially if you can get it on sale. My only (tiny) gripes would be the crown is a little small and, the links are pins not screws. Not deal breakers for me. It gets compared to other watches a lot and, I still prefer the case and bracelet on the PRX compared to say, the Citizen Tsuyosa. The bracelet has half links so it’s fairly easy to get a good fit. Compared to other integrated bracelet watches, I prefer PRX, especially at the price. The quartz version seems to be more accepted by watch snobs out there and, it is nice (and cheaper) but, I wanted the dial of the Powermatic. Hope this helps!
I'm more and more interested in the PRX as a fun, casual watch. What are your overall impressions?

Top Bottom