What's new

Meißner Tremonia

Meißner Tremonia will be intruducing new products mid october per their homepage:

Current innovations and additions in our assortment! As of 10.15.2015 the following items - each as shaving soap, pre-shave and Rasierpaste face soap - newly available:

- Natural Bay Rum: with genuine Jamaica Rum, bay oil of St. Thomas, Litsea and Clove. - Woody Almond: with bitter almonds and Texas cedar oil. - Gentle Menthol: Menthol lighter fraction, fresh, classic combination of rosemary, lavender and eucalyptus.

Both as a complement to our existing, as well as to the new fragrances there again select the ideal aftershave in the classic glass bottle and an additional Aftershave Balm with a valuable Bioextrakt from our own production, organic babassu oil and organic jojoba oil in black airless dispenser. We therefore carry many customer requests for matching aftershave / Aftershave Balm to our shaving products bill and look forward to be able to offer such a unique, wide selection.

Very exciting news indeed!

I have had the priviledge and pleasure of testing a number of test candidate scents, and can happily say that the new releases really are superb! Bay & Rum (note that this uses real rum) is really very excellent and the Bitter Almond is one which surprised me the most as I personally abhor almond, but this one has risen as a real favourite. The cooling Lavender & Rosemary is going to get a lot of fans, I'm sure.

While the aftershaves are sorted out, pair this lot with some classics: select your favourite Bay Rum, perhaps just Old Spice for the Bay & Rum; a sweeter musk like Jovan or Brut, even Pinaud for the Bitter Almond & Texas Cedar; a simple, timeless fougere like Brut Original for the Lavender & Rosemary.

I know I'll be grabbing these as retail products ... enjoy, folks!

I am curious about the Bay Rum, as I have never smelled Bay Rum other than the Lucky Tiger one (which is considered a "faux" BR). Unfortunately the MT creams I had the opportunity to smell didn't appeal to me (Strong n' Scottish, Dark Limes, Indian and Pots of Milk)...so I won't be buying blind.
Could you possibly go into detail about the BR? Is it more heavy/tartly as a scent or perhaps more light and fresh?

... to me, it's a light and fresh interpretation, but then I am a Kouros, Quorum & Jacques Bogart wearer, so most things are light and fresh to me :laugh:

No, I have (and have had) a number of Bay Rum soaps, aftershaves and hair tonics. The rum gives a light, sweet note while the bay and the clove fill in the rest without filling your nose. Many interpretations are simply overdone, the clove becoming bitter and unpleasant, even irritable in-shave. Curiously, as MT's scents are often strong and unapologetic (see: Strong & Scottish), this one is indeed at their lighter end. Pink Grapefruit is another lighter one. You're NOT going to get the soap equivalent of Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum, but on the flip-side, you're not going be thinking, "Gosh! That's a weak one". As is with MT, it's a little different.

I make no secret of my absolute and undying love for Strong & Scottish, both as a soap and an aftershave (which, incidentally is nothing like I expected, certainly not like splashing an Islay on as aftershave ... cleverly done), anyway, the test candidate of the Bitter Almond & Texas Cedar was up there in terms of strength. I don't know what the retail version will be like, but I hope it is strong as the marriage worked well and I think it would be a shame to dull that one down.

Thx for you thoughts on the product! I will be sure to try it. I hope the store in Vienna will get them.

Strong & Scottish really isn't for everybody, I took a whiff and was overwhelmed by the smell. Did not like it at all. My gf made a remark that it smelled like a burned out camp fire lol I might order a test sample though to really give it a try. Also I'd like to try the Mint and Menthol, but that is probably more of a spring/summer scent.

... or a mid-winter one for one of those very cold, crisp and bright days; shave, splash of Alcolado Glacial and out into the sub-zero sun. Perfect! You genuinely do get a triple hit of cool, cold and chilling. It's one where a drop of lime EO into the lather gives another dimension, the lime slicing through the chill like a shard of glass!

Finally had the opportunity to try a few MT samples, here some thoughts:

- Black Beer No.1: Loved it. Great citrusy scent, reminds me of a tea I once tried. I do think it is mislabelled though, as I didnt experience anything that even remotely reminded me of beer. Lathered great, but you have to be careful with the water. Begin with little and add if needed (holds true for all of them in my experience). In my first attempt, I drowned it in water and had to start over again. I could see myself buying the regular tub.

- Mint Ice Menthol: Superb. Smells a little bit like "Wrigley's doublemint" to me and boy is it cold. I read somewhere that the proraso green is colder, but I would have to disagree here. This paste just froze my face off and it was boarderline. This would be great on a hot summer day, so trying it on a cold autumn day wasn't the smartest idea. This will be a must buy come next May/June. To me a Proraso alternative, due to the cleaner ingrediences, which justifies the price to me.

- Exotic Elemi: While I find myself incapeable of describing the scent (peppery with some citrus maybe?) I do actually like it. For some reason my first association was "Asia", don't ask me why. I can't stop myself from taking a whiff every time I walk by it. I'll probably get the tub, just a weird adventure for the nose which I like :D

- Strong n' Scottish: Yeah I don't like it. I didn't like the smell at the store and it didn't get any better when I made my lather. It smelled like I was in a leather shoe factory. The performance was as great as with the others, but the smell is just an abomination to my nose. Other people might love it, but this one is not for me.

I'm already excited to try the other pastes they have and also the new products. I had a wonderful experience while shaving, no irritations, my razor just glided across my face with ease, superb post shave feel. Two thumbs up, Triple A rating and a badass seal of approval on my end. It is a bit pricy but well worth the price if you consider the quality of the ingrediences, the performance and the amount of product you get.

Aw, man! Another pot of Strong & Scottish snubbed. Along with Pashana, Lilac Vegetal & Eucris I think this is one of the finest scents on earth! Super performance, as you noted. These were the pastes, yes? While I absolutely love the soaps, I do think I prefer the pastes by just a whisker ...

Elemi scent as peppery and citrus? Yes, bang-on! Elemi is used in Arabian-style perfumes, called Attars, to give that woody, peppery, yet sprightly, spritzy note. Himalayan Heights is on a similar kick, with an exotic wood. One that is not (yet?) in production that I had the chance to try is a blend of Bergamot & Guaiacwood - again, exotic, deep, tarry wood with a classy citrus high note to lift it; like a really classy single malt (in no way like Strong & Scottish).

Notice also that MT have a couple of new scents, one of which is Woody Almond. Do not think this is yet another almond, like Cella, this is quite something different altogether. If you've ever soaked and peeled a real almond and breathed in that bitter wisp which writhes from the pod when spilt, that's what he's captured. It is sublime! I'll put some pressure on for the release of that Bergamot & Guaiacwood scent as that, too, is really quite something different.

Great that you've enjoyed these ...

Scents aside, I think these really are the best performing soaps out there. I say "these" rather than "this" as each soap does have a slightly different formulation, the use of various clays, talcs and porcelain makes for quite a different feel with each. Truly artisan.

Is it possible to suggest scents to them? Because I'd like them to make a paste/soap that has a Carribbean vibe...like Rum + Coconut + Pineapple + Lime :D Not sure how that would smell, but that's what I would associcate with a vacation there lol

Mail call today: got the Dark Limes, Woody Almond and Natural Bay Rum. Details on the first two will follow once I have tried them out.

But boy, the Natural Bay Rum is AMAZING. Very elegant in scent, pleasing and light. Not as aggressive as the Pinaud Bay Rum. I highly recommend this masterpiece. Perfectly balanced Bay Rum scent, no ingredient is overpowering.

Mail call today: got the Dark Limes, Woody Almond and Natural Bay Rum. Details on the first two will follow once I have tried them out.

But boy, the Natural Bay Rum is AMAZING. Very elegant in scent, pleasing and light. Not as aggressive as the Pinaud Bay Rum. I highly recommend this masterpiece. Perfectly balanced Bay Rum scent, no ingredient is overpowering.

Looking forward to hearing about the wood almond one.

That's a good selection ... to start with :D

Yeah, the Bay & Rum (notice the "&") is a really well thought through version. Very nice indeed! Enjoy the Woody Almond. I abhor almond, but this has worked its way into my regular routines. I absolutely love it! Dark Limes - unique and very classy.

Enjoy! You will ...

I bought the Dark Limes hard soap. This stuff is seriously classy and WOW, what a fantastic soap. Reviews to follow in the next couple months.

I've been working my way through a puck of Indian Flavour. Love the scent and the soap is quite good. Face feel is a half-step behind my favorites, but still very good.

I've been using the Indian Flavour as well. Almost every time I pass within 20 feet if it it pulls me in to get a whiff.

I ordered a bunch of samples of this soap from Connaught Shaving, based on your reviews, and am really looking forward to trying them out.

Cheers for that, very informative. I've been waiting for my puck of Strong 'n Scottish for about 8 days now and i'm dying to try it out (It's literally killing me).

If you're after a British website that sells the range by the way: www.shavingstation.co.uk. I don't think you posted where you got them from.

Top Bottom