What's new

Food safety experts I need your help.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
When you think of how good that meat would have tasted............

You might try adjusting the legs under your fridge to add a slight tilt to the rear so the door will close itself. Just thinking out loud. Sorry for your loss.
Whenever I sell a refrigerator, washing machine or dryer, I always recommend that people take the time to make sure its absolutely level. I can't stress this enough.

While giving it a tilt will keep the door closed, it will also put the compressor motor off-balance, and could seriously shorten the life of the unit, and make it much less efficient. Plus, it will probably make it run louder.

I'd take the chance that the door might stay open once in a while, in order to prolong the life of the whole unit.

That may soften the blow. However perhaps it will also stimulate the loss of all that fine meat potential loss of quality time with hos smoker quality time with his friends and family eating it.no no maybe maybe you shouldn't bring Shawn to Franklin BBQ.

Sorry to hear that Shawn.
Something happened to my fridge in 5he BBQ kitchen with a guests kid and I had 200.00 worth of green meat.

That's terrible Jim, I feel your pain. I'll be shopping around for more briskets this week.

Maybe I should take Shawn over to Franklins BBQ for a pick me up.

I've wanted to go to Franklin's for a while now. I've heard that the line was around 4-6 hours and I never could bring myself to wait in line that long. After reading your review I will head down there on a Thursday.

We posted at the same time Aaron. I've eaten at La Barberque and it was really good, better than any brisket I've been able to do at home. It's supposed as good or nearly as good as Franklin's brisket. The only problem is now they also have very long line.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I've wanted to go to Franklin's for a while now. I've heard that the line was around 4-6 hours and I never could bring myself to wait in line that long. After reading your review I will head down there on a Thursday.

No not that long, if you get there about 10am a 1 hour wait. I'd be glad to join you on Thursday. Bring beer.

As a survivor of a trip to the emergency room due to food poisoning, I can assure you that "Better safe than sorry" is a vast understatement.

I completely agree with you on this. I got food poisoning from eggs once. Definitely not the 50 pound weight loss program I wanted to sign up for. Worse two weeks of my life.

I completely agree with you on this. I got food poisoning from eggs once. Definitely not the 50 pound weight loss program I wanted to sign up for. Worse two weeks of my life.
I once got food poisoning from a Sushi restaurant ... I took a piece of Hamachi in my mouth and something wasn't quite right, so I spit it out. But the damage was done, and whatever it had on it got inside me and I couldn't finish the meal. I spent most of the next 2 days throwing up, and I couldn't eat again for a week.

I had a dream about it where I sued the owner of the restaurant for making me sick. The first thing the owner did was to fire the chef that prepared the meal, who happened to be a friend of mine. In my dream, the judge awarded me ownership of the restaurant, and the first thing I did was to hire my friend back and promote him to manager, while the old owner was demoted to bus-boy and dishwasher.

Next time you need to corn that beef!

If it was pickled (corned) I would say it's still good.

Now in the words of pink Floyd, "you cant have any pudding!"

Interesting, like everyone told you if you have any doubts just dispose of it.

Now, I'm no food safety expert but I work in a small company that storages and manufactures frozen food and we do get some training to maintain ISO and BRC approvals on food innocuity...

The first thing to do is to check the storaging temperature/s and expiration date/s on the packaging... Does it mention different expiration dates for different temp of storage? where you keeping it at the correct temp? Where you near the expiration date? did you appreciate a difference in colour, smell?

The processes of decomposition of the meet at those temperatures is very slow, to get a diarrhoea or a stomachache from the meat itself you'd easily notice the bad smell from the meat. Expiration date usually warns you that the meat will probably have lost it's flavor and will probably start to taste rancid, but it won't hurt you.... When that happens tome with some meats, over the expiration and not too rancid, I cook it with some spice like pepper or curry...

Again I'm no expert... please correct me if I wrong.

Safe answer - toss 'em. 100% absolutely safe thing to do would be to dispose of them.

I'd toss 'em alright - toss 'em on the grill, especially if they're vacuum packed. A lot worse has happened throughout history.

Very generous of you Aaron. I'll send you a PM.

And that right there is the B&B miracle.

Truth.

I've had food poisoning, twice. The first time was one of the worst experiences of my life, I wasn't hospitalized but it was close. The second time wasn't so bad, I only lost about 10 pounds.

Next time you need to corn that beef!

If it was pickled (corned) I would say it's still good.

Now in the words of pink Floyd, "you cant have any pudding!"

It was going on the BBQ for around 10 hours.

Safe answer - toss 'em. 100% absolutely safe thing to do would be to dispose of them.

I'd toss 'em alright - toss 'em on the grill, especially if they're vacuum packed. A lot worse has happened throughout history.

I tossed them, in the trash. I kept thinking that they were in the danger zone for more then 4 hours and I kept having flash backs to the first time I had food poisoning and I didn't want to risk it.

I tossed them, in the trash. I kept thinking that they were in the danger zone for more then 4 hours and I kept having flash backs to the first time I had food poisoning and I didn't want to risk it.

Oh believe me, I understand. I got terribly sick off a McDonald's Egg McMuffin when I was 4yrs old or thereabouts, it was about 25 years later before I could stand the smell of one, much less eat one. They're still not my favorite thing, but I'll eat them if that's the only thing around.

In a cosmic_karmic joke of proportions unheard of we lost our fridge last night at the cabin. What's the odds.

Top Bottom