What's new

The Thin Blue Smoke Thread VII- BBQ at the B&B 2015

brucered

System Generated
Oh boy....those lobster tails are going to be tasty, as is the rest. We don't do much seafood on the BBQ but I wish we could. I picked up a jumbo shrimp cocktail for tomorrow's beef tenderloin steaks which I am looking forward too.

As for tonight, it was Greek pork chops, peppers & rice. It was a little chilly today and I forgot to cover the BBQ yesterday afternoon so has to let some snow and ice melt off it.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1424046730390.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1424046730390.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 94
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1424046765579.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1424046765579.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 94
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1424046824370.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1424046824370.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 95
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1424046864593.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1424046864593.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 95
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1424046943126.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1424046943126.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 95

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Yummy!
I feel so badly for ya'll who live up North. You are getting hammered this year! I was wearing a T-shirt, shorts, and shower shoes outside today. I think it hit 85.

brucered

System Generated
Yummy!
I feel so badly for ya'll who live up North. You are getting hammered this year! I was wearing a T-shirt, shorts, and shower shoes outside today. I think it hit 85.

Don't feel bad. It's just part of everyday life for us up here and we learn to cope and embrace the seasons.

It also gives us a much bigger appreciation for our spring and summer.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
True. We don't really have seasons here unless you count warm, hot, and hotter as seasons.
stay safe

brucered

System Generated
All that steak talk in the other thread had me picking out some Beef Tenderloin when I was at Costco yesterday.

I took some of the tips in that thread and applied them here. Seasoned them heavily with ground sea salt and pepper, seared in the cast iron and made sure to let them rest heavily. They turned out a perfect medium. Pink, slightly red but no blood on the plates.

Ran out of corn, so threw in some peas for color and was surprised how good it was in the Cast Iron.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1424132749180.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1424132749180.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 80
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1424132792695.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1424132792695.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 80
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1424132839573.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1424132839573.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Just because we are iced in doesn't mean we can't grill

Attachments

• $20150223_134722.jpg
    $20150223_134722.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 54

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
That looks good Owen :thumbup:

I concur!

It's been a little frigid here to grill but I've got the itch.

Thanks. It was my first skirt steak, so I got a small one. I marinated it in Worcestershire sauce, the juice and zest from 2 limes, two cloves of garlic ran through the garlic pulverizer, and a couple healthy shakes of Blaine's After Death Sauce. I didn't get a chance to eat it yet- we only have two guys on Mondays, and one called off. Guess who is sitting at work tonight. I am going to make some corn tortillas when I get home. I did get a minute to eat a couple of Nathan's hot dogs before I came in. The orange things are habaneros. When I make my hot sauce I generally blanch them- I decided to get some smoke into them this time. Hopefully I can finish my sauce tomorrow.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Thanks. It was my first skirt steak, so I got a small one. I marinated it in Worcestershire sauce, the juice and zest from 2 limes, two cloves of garlic ran through the garlic pulverizer, and a couple healthy shakes of Blaine's After Death Sauce. I didn't get a chance to eat it yet- we only have two guys on Mondays, and one called off. Guess who is sitting at work tonight. I am going to make some corn tortillas when I get home. I did get a minute to eat a couple of Nathan's hot dogs before I came in. The orange things are habaneros. When I make my hot sauce I generally blanch them- I decided to get some smoke into them this time. Hopefully I can finish my sauce tomorrow.

Those skirt steaks look great...lot's of flavor. I always ask my butcher to run it through their tenderizer.

Habanero hot sauce? Your timing is about right. I'll order 2 bottles please. One for me of course and the other.....who knows.

brucered

System Generated
I was wondering what cut of meat those little steaks were. Skirt Steak is on my list of items to check the local butcher to see if they carry.

We get different names of stuff up here and sometimes we have to special order things in, but they can usually get it or know what I'm talking about.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I was wondering what cut of meat those little steaks were. Skirt Steak is on my list of items to check the local butcher to see if they carry.

We get different names of stuff up here and sometimes we have to special order things in, but they can usually get it or know what I'm talking about.

The flank and skirt are close cuts.

$Cuts 2515_n.jpg

Top Bottom