What's new

Omega brushes

I want to buy an Omega brush, but don't know which one to get. I currently rotate between my Turkish #6 brush and Semogue 1305.

If it helps, I only face lather.

Can't go wrong with the suggestions above. However, the 11137 provides a good comparison to your 1305. Omegas are denser and splay less, so you'll get the Omega experience here with a similarly sized wood-handled brush.

I love the 48. I have two - one on my stand and one in my gym locker. I have a dozen brushes, but these are the two I use.

I want to buy an Omega brush, but don't know which one to get. I currently rotate between my Turkish #6 brush and Semogue 1305.

If it helps, I only face lather.

I would like to recommend the Omega 11126 and the Omega 10098. Both are wonderful brushes with soft tips and plenty of backbone to get the job done right!

Best of luck with your selection!

Buy any Omega boar you like the size and looks of. They are all great performers. Just look at the various recommendations earlier in this thread and you'll see great diversity. I've got some Omegas (a couple of them mentioned above). No Omega boar brush are expensive so you can buy several for the price of one good badger brush. Why not buy two with different lofts and knot diameters? I guarantee that you won't be disappointed. Even so I prefer the look of the Semogue brushes. Both Omega and Semogue are great brands.

^great username sir!!

I have the omega 81052 boar, it's one of my favorites. Always in rotation.

Last edited:
Wow, I am amazed at the love for the 48, I have absolute hatred for it and would call it the worst brush ever. I have had mine for three weeks and have tried all the methods, soaking it 5 minutes soaking it overnight in lather, multiple times and it is pathetic for lathering.

I have a cheap synthetic from China $10 that runs circles around this brush, before I even had a brush, the whisker one would use for haircuts worked wonders compared to this brush. The 48 is the worst brush I have ever owned followed closely by the 49 but have not given the 49 near as much time. Literately I have gone in on the bed and watched TV while lathering trying every method except attaching it to a power drill and do not think that would help. Seconds later with my synthetic I have more than plenty to shave 5 or 6 passes if I chose. I always use the same soaps for fairness.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=535374&d=1419968560

This was from a lather way back on 12-30-2014, I always get at least this much if not more but the 48 produces nothing compared to this with much more effort going into it.

Last edited:

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Personally, I would recommend one of the big Pro's for the quintessential Omega experience. The 48 is the one Italian barbers use. Just sayin'...

Wow, I am amazed at the love for the 48, I have absolute hatred for it and would call it the worst brush ever. I have had mine for three weeks and have tried all the methods, soaking it 5 minutes soaking it overnight in lather, multiple times and it is pathetic for lathering.
Why are you amazed? For each product there are lovers and haters.

Nothing wrong with disliking the #48. Nothing with liking it either.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer

I have a cheap synthetic from China $10 that runs circles around this brush, before I even had a brush, the whisker one would use for haircuts worked wonders compared to this brush. The 48 is the worst brush I have ever owned followed closely by the 49 but have not given the 49 near as much time. Literately I have gone in on the bed and watched TV while lathering trying every method except attaching it to a power drill and do not think that would help. Seconds later with my synthetic I have more than plenty to shave 5 or 6 passes if I chose. I always use the same soaps for fairness.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=535374&d=1419968560

This was from a lather way back on 12-30-2014, I always get at least this much if not more but the 48 produces nothing compared to this with much more effort going into it.

I am perplexed. My 48 whips up a ferocious lather. Could be one of those YMMV things. Have you tried face lathering? The 48 is on the big side for face lathering, but I think it works really well that way.

Last edited:
I am perplexed..

So am I as well, I have given the 48 so many opportunities, I have tried so many different ways, even including trying it dry and the reason why I selected it in the first place is because it is known as a lather machine. I could work my arm until it is ready to fall off and still not achieve what it should produce. I have found that applying little pressure does work better than being ferocious with it. It is disappointing as I expect it to out preform my cheap synthetic and it does not come close.

Top Bottom