What's new

Monthly Tobacco Discussion December 2014

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewCigar.asp?brand=326
Arturo Fuente Anejo is one of the world's rarest cigars. It features a dark maduro wrapper that is aged in cognac barrels.

The Fuente name is no stranger to cigar enthusiasts both at the novice and aficionado levels. For generations, they have been producing the best tobacco and the best cigars in the Dominican Republic. After the hugely successful launch of their coveted Opus X cigar, a new idea was born. This idea was for a cigar that uses the very best Dominican filler and binder, but adds a 5-year-old Connecticut maduro wrapper aged in a cognac barrel. The cigar became known as Fuente Anejo (extra Viejo).

Fuente Anejo is a full-bodied Dominican cigar with unique aging process that leaves a very distinct finish on the palate. Typically, only available around Father's Day and Christmas, this cigar is one of the hardest to find and exclusive cigars in the world. While this line features several different sizes, it is also home to one of the world's most famous shapes, the No. 77 or shark as it is commonly referred to. It was the first torpedo shaped cigar ever rolled so it progresses from a rounded parejo shape to a square press. This size is particularly rare.

That sounds delicious.

I'm still very much a pipe-noob, and SWMBO is most definitely not supportive of my new "hobby", but my recent football pool win has opened the door for me to have a wide variety of tobaccos, without getting shot in the process.

Between the den expansion noted above, and the purchase of a new "family christmas gnome" this year, I'm thinking that the new gnome might bring myself and my father in law new pipes. That way, it's not my fault, it was the gnome! In any case, I'm thinking the FIL may get a 2014 Peterson Christmas pipe, and that I'll probably get either a Stanwell 207 or a Rattray's Glory Day. Yet to be decided.

in any case, when the in-laws are in town, I'm pretty much given free reign to puff to my hearts content, so I'll be smoking whatever I lay hands on!

As long as I can find some time for a pipe I'll be happy. Work has been crazy and has been a couple months since I had time for a pipe. Ideally i'd have some "and so to bed" or "penzance".

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I picked up Missouri Meerschaum's 4 new pipe tobaccos not long ago, I think I will try and make a dent in those during the Christmas holiday.

MM Great Dane is a Cherry/Vanilla Cavendish blend, seems kinda, "Christmasy."

I haven't been into the Latakia blends just yet. I've been into going through some Union Square and a few Boswell's Aromatics. I usually have Christmas Cookie around the big day.

I thought it was 24Dec2014. :lol:

Newbie here....mostly been lurking, so this is my first post on any of the many interesting discussions here....

That said, I will be enjoying my all time favorite....a 50/50 combination of Lane 1-Q and Lane BCA. IMO it's a mild, yet flavorful
combination.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Since date formatting has been brought up, on 24DEC2014 (my fourth anniversary at B&B) I will be smoking Penzance in the Tinsky Morta I received from some of the great members here. Penzance is my favorite tobacco, and the pipe (which I haven't smoked yet) that I received from my friends is my favorite pipe. It is a solid connection to the things that I love about the place I accidently discovered while doing a google search on "straight razor shave" four years ago, while reminescing about what I missed about Ohio.

Anyone find any Anejos yet?

Found some, bought a couple of sharks myself. Good shape, good smoke (I want to age a couple but had to smoke at least one). Also picked up a maduro Hemingway and a couple of Ratzillas (from Liga Privada's Unicro series). My friend got a newbie pipe that we have been messing around with the past couple of weeks so I am looking at getting a nicer pipe (100ish dollar range) I stumbled into my local store that sells pipes and was really lost but they have some good looking stuff that is on sale for like 40% off so I might take advantage of that on my days off this week.

Also, looking for a shark you might try the AF gift thing, it is that pack of two cigars they sell at this time of year for $50, no tax, I forget but some amount of the sale goes to their charity. This year it comes with an Opus Shark I think?

Not exactly sure what my tobacco of choice will be on Christmas (24th or the 25th, Till), but I do have several vintages of McClelland Christmas Cheer on hand, and I'm trying to limit my VA smokes to those as much as possible all month long.

Servus!

Since I am a avowed disliker of aromatics, it's either a VA/Per or Latakia/English in my pipe.

Lately, been really enjoying Black XX from S. Gawith. Not for the feint-hearted but really smooth when smoked slowly. Also been enjoying Ashton Golden Flake that has been sitting since 2004. Great smoke!!!

Top Bottom