What's new

Brush (See Post #4012)

Oh man that is one ugly brush. Waiting for something normal.

Ok i admit that the glitter makes it seem a little to christmasy for me too but i still think it's 10 times better than Seafoam or Butterscotch.

When I get mine I'm very liable to replace the knot with a Muhle 23x56mm STF knot. Been using the SF since I got it and there's nothing wrong with natural hair brushes but they aren't for me. The usual stuff you gotta do to them like soaking before use, leaving them to dry out completely etc... just annoy me.

Synthetics are wet and go, shake and put down nothing else. Probably last longer than even a 10 year badger would.

Ok i admit that the glitter makes it seem a little to christmasy for me too but i still think it's 10 times better than Seafoam or Butterscotch.

When I get mine I'm very liable to replace the knot with a Muhle 23x56mm STF knot. Been using the SF since I got it and there's nothing wrong with natural hair brushes but they aren't for me. The usual stuff you gotta do to them like soaking before use, leaving them to dry out completely etc... just annoy me.

Synthetics are wet and go, shake and put down nothing else. Probably last longer than even a 10 year badger would.

Regarding the part I put in bold...you shut your mouth. You shut your mouth!!!

As for the Muhle knot, I've seen you mention this several times. Have you actually used one yet? If not, I would reserve judgement/enthusiasm until you do. I have the v2 STF and v2 black fibre. Very soft and fast drying, yes, but they are possibly the least dense brushes I own. They're also somewhat floppy (splay easily) which is a pro for some, con for others. I don't hate them, which is why I still have them. I'm just trying to encourage you to temper your enthusiasm, unless, of course, it is for the B&B Essential Boar.

In all seriousness, I don't think it is excessive for a man to have a few brushes, in which case the length of drying becomes a moot point (in my opinion).

Regarding the part I put in bold...you shut your mouth. You shut your mouth!!!

As for the Muhle knot, I've seen you mention this several times. Have you actually used one yet? If not, I would reserve judgement/enthusiasm until you do. I have the v2 STF and v2 black fibre. Very soft and fast drying, yes, but they are possibly the least dense brushes I own. They're also somewhat floppy (splay easily) which is a pro for some, con for others. I don't hate them, which is why I still have them. I'm just trying to encourage you to temper your enthusiasm, unless, of course, it is for the B&B Essential Boar.

In all seriousness, I don't think it is excessive for a man to have a few brushes, in which case the length of drying becomes a moot point (in my opinion).

No need to get so fired up. I'm just expressing my opinion. Seafoam is great for some people and that's fine but I'm free to dislike it for it's aesthetics. I'll still use it often no problem though as its a great brush so it would be a shame to not use it.

I've also been using a synthetic brush for a while which is only a cheap thing. I figure that anything I could use in the synthetic world would be much better than this while this is half decent it's still cheap and sheds often as a result. I really still can't help but like it though, nary a bad shave with it yet.

You could probably ask anyone else who frequents this thread and you'd likely hear some funny stories about my enthusiasm for the B&B Boar, especially for the red brush. Even got a goofy custom title because of my slightly over enthusiasm.

And while i agree with your final point, I'm a 2 brush man. 1 to cherrish while the other is just there if it's needed for whatever reason, I wouldn't shed a tear if it got broken or lost.

This whole response is one huge IMHO post so I'm not trying to be rude.

I was just messing with you about the sea foam. I should have put a smiley in there. It was all in jest.

In fact, my whole post was tongue in cheek. I was just giving you some friendly ribbing for talking about the STF in the B&B thread, that's all.

As posted 100's of times throughout B&B land, YMMV. I realize this magnificent specimen of a brush is not going to work for everyone either because of their inept technique or the fact they are lacking in manliness, but we all promise not to judge too harshly. 😉 😄 just kidding

I was just messing with you about the sea foam. I should have put a smiley in there. It was all in jest.

In fact, my whole post was tongue in cheek. I was just giving you some friendly ribbing for talking about the STF in the B&B thread, that's all.

As posted 100's of times throughout B&B land, YMMV. I realize this magnificent specimen of a brush is not going to work for everyone either because of their inept technique or the fact they are lacking in manliness, but we all promise not to judge too harshly.   just kidding

Whew, I thought I might have upset somebody there :lol:.

:001_smile:lol::thumbup1:. B&B's are better :thumbup:.

I predict an awesome somewhat black or ruby red hue of a B&B brush next. Ruby red as in coca cola or Guinness.
Now this is a brush color, motor oil black.

Top Bottom