What's new

My Guess... 3017

Before my shave, I was just starting to see through a spot of the XXX to the bottom. Afterwards, a large hole opened up, the size of maybe a half dollar? One to two weeks left on this one.

Keep in mind I'm using a sample, the scent could be stronger if I was using a full tub.

I'm a big rose fan and this soap delivers a pure rose scent. I don't pick up much cedarwood and that's okay with me, I think the cedar helps round out the fragrance. The scent isn't overpowering, it isn't going to make your bathroom smell like a rose garden. It's scented with essential and fragrance oils. It pairs nicely with SCS Savory Rose AS and Montale Black Oud, or any Rose Oud.

+1. I'm not a rose fan but Mikes Rose and Cedar is one of my favorite scents. Its fairly mild, but the cedar plays nicely off the rose so that the rose is not too "perfumy". Its a very nice scent and of course the lather and performance is top notch like all of Mikes soaps.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
My Arlington puck crumbled into chunks this morning as I rinsed the soap bowl. 197 shaves in, I guess that's not too bad. I smooshed everything back together and should be able to get another 2 weeks out of it.

Keep in mind I'm using a sample, the scent could be stronger if I was using a full tub.

I'm a big rose fan and this soap delivers a pure rose scent. I don't pick up much cedarwood and that's okay with me, I think the cedar helps round out the fragrance. The scent isn't overpowering, it isn't going to make your bathroom smell like a rose garden. It's scented with essential and fragrance oils. It pairs nicely with SCS Savory Rose AS and Montale Black Oud, or any Rose Oud.

That makes sense to me. Cedar has a deeper fragrance, but one with similar tones to Rose to my nose. I can see how it would function as a rounder.

Broke through the bottom of the Tiki Surf's Up! this morning. Shouldn't be long now, as the soap has worn pretty flat in the TOBS Cream jar I pressed it into (perfect for a Tiki puck, btw).

I cannot overstate how well this soap has performed, but it would be just as difficult to understate the scent strength. It's almost non-existent, at least for my puck.

I shaved with a Tiki sample that Shawn sent me. It is a nice soap that doesn't take much effort to lather. It reminded me of QCS for some reason

Took the SOC Boar to XXX this morning. Started with a half-dollar size opening to the bottom of the dish and ended with half the dish exposed. Definitely a week or less.

I shaved with a Tiki sample that Shawn sent me. It is a nice soap that doesn't take much effort to lather. It reminded me of QCS for some reason

I would agree, and I am a big fan of QCS creams, though I've never tried their soaps.

Apples and oranges, and all that, but I found the Tiki to be a little denser than the QCS cream (a positive for me) while maintaining a very nice slickness.

I'm glad you like it.

I've gotten four shaves from Mike's Rose and Cedarwood. I might have to add another product to get enough lather for one more shave. I really enjoyed the scent and the lather was great too, I ordered two pucks because having too much shaving soap isn't really a problem for me :blush:

I think I'm gonna go ahead and call it quits with MWF. Anything that requires this much work and prodding is just not worth my time. I've grated it, increased my load time, used less water, used more water, used cool water, used cold water. Nothing makes it creamy like I got used to with the Haslinger. Last night started out like normal. But just before the second pass I decided to try an uberlather. I rubbed just a bit of Arko on my cheeks. The resulting lather was as one would expect from Arko... effortless and abundant. I've decided to forgo any further MWF experimentation, because I feel every shave should be enjoyable. It started out fine... just enjoying trying to find the right way to get the most out of the Fat. It ended up as one big ol' Fat disappointment. Maybe one day I'll have a house water softener, or I may move somewhere else. In that event, I'll try again.

As I've run out of MWF Bath Soap in the shower, I believe this puck will be relegated as such. I feel like a jerk, as it was a generous offering from a member here. It just isn't working for me. I'll make restitution by using Arko for the rest of the month until Speicktember begins.

Life is too short to shave with soap that isn't working for you Jessy. I've pulled the plug on a few soaps that weren't working for me.

I've never pulled the plug on a soap....you guys should be ashamed of yourselves. :lol:

:a30:

I've decided that my next soap will be a sample of Mystic Water. I just can't leave well enough alone. If any brush can lather MW for me it will be my Cade Plisson, it's my problem solver.

Top Bottom