What's new

Show Your Custom Shavemac!

My first Shavemac arrived yesterday. D01 fan with a 23mm knot and 50mm loft. Shape: 173. Colour: Brown-Beige.

I haven't used it yet but I'm looking forward to trying it tomorrow morning.

Great customer service from Bernd. He was quick to reply to messages and once the brush was despatched delivery only took two days from Germany to England!

I'm not quite as adept at taking good photos as some of you guys, but I took a few anyway.

Pre-Bloom:

$P3030985.jpg

Post-Bloom:

$P3030987.jpg

$P3030972.jpg

Here are my two custom Shavemacs. I have had them for some time now but I just noticed that I haven't posted them here...:blush:

23/53 mm in finest

25/50 mm in silvertip DO1 3 band​

Last edited by a moderator:
This one just left the den. The knot's loft was requested to be set at 48-49 but was closer to 52. That difference put the brush out my comfort zone. The 'Eagle' type handle has nice lines as is an ergo winner.

Shavemac Atomic Ivory 24x52x103

$shavemac atomic 1.jpg$shavemac atomic 2.jpg

Here are my two custom Shavemacs. I have had them for some time now but I just noticed that I haven't posted them here...:blush:

23/53 mm in finest

25/50 mm in silvertip DO1 3 band​

Sorry for the missing pics!

23/53 mm in finest

25/50 mm in silvertip DO1 3 band

Last edited by a moderator:
This one just left the den. The knot's loft was requested to be set at 48-49 but was closer to 52. That difference put the brush out my comfort zone. The 'Eagle' type handle has nice lines as is an ergo winner.

Shavemac Atomic Ivory 24x52x103

I always loved the look of the Atomic handle and think it looks better in your pic, Ivory, then the Blk one Bernd send me to look at.

Prebloom DO1-2 band flat top, 20mm knot set @42mm. Temporarily set, temporary handle, maybe.

Full bloom, I might drop it to 40mm but will use it for a while before I make up my mind.

Last edited:
23x48 three band D01. this particular rod or blank was a bit light in color. My favorite handles are the 25 and 142.

Attachments

• $DSCN1865.jpg
    $DSCN1865.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 525
  • $DSCN1870.jpg
    $DSCN1870.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 526
  • $DSCN1871.jpg
    $DSCN1871.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 528
Last edited:
After a few days use I am really happy with this knot. The D01 three band has a little of everything. The 23x48 spec was recommended by Rudy and the feel is just what I wanted dense, soft and a perfect amount of scritch. glad I chose the bulb, it did not bloom like crazy. I wonder if 2 band D01 is like this, but no scritch?

The Shavemac knots are top notch, no doubt but the handle material is just very basic. I didn't like the material I thought would look nice when I configured my D01 fan. I had Rudy spin out the knot and put in a custom boxelder burl handle, tulip shape. This really is up to par with the knot.

$Boxelderburl-brush.jpg

I think we may see more custom Shavemacs in 2014 then ever before. They just became even a better value.\

This is HUGE news....on a $150 brush that's almost a $30 discount bringing it down to $120 before shipping.

Shavemac - German Quality Craftsmanship in Shaving
Happy New Year for all our Fans Customers and Friends!

Good news for our foreign customers. We made a Shop Update on 2.1.2014 and this has changed:

VAT of 19% will be deducted for all non EU delivery destination at the end of the check out.

Last edited:
I think we may see more custom Shavemacs in 2014 then ever before. They just became even a better value.\

This is HUGE news....on a $150 brush that's almost a $30 discount bringing it down to $120 before shipping.

Good news for our foreign customers. We made a Shop Update on 2.1.2014 and this has changed:

VAT of 19% will be deducted for all non EU delivery destination at the end of the check out.

Sweet. Glad it's my exception for the sabbatical.

That's exciting. I have One planned as soon as I move some stuff on bst

New Shavemac arrived just hours ago.

Handle Specs:
Color- Brown-Beige
Style- 173

Knot specs:
Hair grade- Finest fan
Diameter- 23mm
Loft- 45mm

Getting a bath now

$image.jpg

Last edited: