What's new

How would I look in this hat?

Quite a while ago my brother bought an "Irish Walking Hat" while in Donegal Ireland.
I like it and thought I would find one (when my money would allow).
I bought this hat made by Hanna Hats. It's the same as his, but his must be an older style because it's not quite the same.
The pattern is a patchwork. It's made of wool. Perfect for this season (I think?)
Anyway, how do you think I would look in this hat?

View attachment 281200

Last edited:

:tongue_sm

I think you can look good in any hat, as long as you wear the hat and the hat doesn't wear you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw the pictures you had up before you edited it. Not sure it really works. Sorry. Maybe a solid color and a shorter crown with a wider brim.

I have a very similar hat from Scotland in gray Harris tweed, and like it very much. I have a narrow face, and think the brim and height looks good. Have received compliments on it in public. Would think the patch-work aspect makes it very informal.

Ha. I love the responses. Caddy Shack is one of my favourite movies.

Yes I had a picture of me in it originally but took them down.
My brother laughs at me and my wife doesn't seem to have an opinion which likely means she doesn't like it.

Still, I like it for some reason.

I did get a compliment from a SA at a store, but then again, he might have been trying to butter me up to buy something.

strop

Now half as wise
Didn't see the unedited thread, but in general, if you're concerned about how you look, then no matter how much you like it, it may still wear you, rather than the other way around, and jkh has it right. You have to wear the hat.

If I like it, I wear it, and don't care what anyone else thinks.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I'd not go for the patchwork, but that's just me. But the overall shape/style could work well. Of course, if the patchwork is just your thing, you won't get arrested for wearing it.

I think you can pull it off as long as you are smoking a pipe while wearing it. People will assume you are too intelligent to be bothered with details, and will probably ask where you got it!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
That's a woody allen hat. It'll look really awesome if you pull it off.

Looks like his brother and his wife also think he should pull it off :lol:

I wear hats. I like them. Doesn't matter much to me what other people think about it, they didn't buy it, and they ain't wearin' it.

maxman said:
I like it and thought I would find one
maxman said:
Still, I like it for some reason.

That's all that really matters

Thanks guys. As always the right answer is here.
Sometimes it's difficult being so good looking.
You know?

I too am ridiculously good looking. Its a burden I must say. That hat wouldn't work for me but I think it's awesome.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
If I like it, I wear it, and don't care what anyone else thinks.

that's the best motto ever.

That's all well and good ...

... right up until something like this happens:

proxy.php

Every now and then, you still need your friends to say "whoa, dude ... just whoa!"

Top Bottom