What's new

Newbie PIF: brush and cream

I have some material that isn't being used, and is just gathering dust in my den.

Up for grabs:
- Shea Moisture black badger brush. It has a few rubber gaskets to help make the knot a bit stiffer.
- Two tubes of Real Shaving Company cream - Moisturizing and Sensitive. This is produced by Creighton's, which makes the legendary English creams such as Truefitt & Hill, Trumpers, and TOBS; the only thing different is the scent.

I'll also throw in a few packets of blades.

Qualifications:
- You must have never won a PIF before.
- Under 202 posts
- Joined March 2012 or later

And yes this is International so anyone is invited to participate.

Post "I'm in!", and I'll do the drawing Friday (6/29) night my time.

Last edited:
dang missed the post count part by ---> <----- this much lol, great offering Insomniac, i began my journey with RSC cream myself, long before i joined up here and it has never let me down great cream indeed, I will always have a soft spot for it, and lucky me its available locally great start to any den ! best of luck to everyone involved

I never knew the real shaving company made those creams... learn something new every day. I missed this by one month... and a couple hundred post... and I've won a few PIF
Maybe I missed everything
But great PIF!

Did I really just miss this by one post? :sneaky2:
Not that I needed it that much myself but rather for my dad but oh well.. I'll just buy the poor man a new brush instead! I'll try to snap a photo of his current brush for you guys next time I go visit him and you'll see why he needs a new one. He's been using the same brush constantly for 30 years and he claims it is badger hair but I am very uncertain :w00t: The hairs are very soft but also a bit scritchy and they look like nothing I have ever seen. I first thought it was a synthetic but after looking at it some more and considered its age I came to the conclusion that it is not a synth. It is also definitely not a boar as it has no split bristles. The hairs are very yellow looking which is not something I've seen in a badger before. Can badgers lose their colour after extreme use?

No, what do you mean? You have 201 posts and you need under 202, you are in! :001_cool:
Well in that case I am in! If I don't win this I'll still get a new brush for my dad. His ancient brush is on its last breaths I would say and unfortunately it is damaged beyond refurbishing so I can't fix it up for him and re-knot it which would be the coolest thing really. Something that would be really great I think is if I could have Rudy Vey make a replica of it since my father has used the same brush for 30 years he is very used to the handle of it but I'm not sure how much that would cost me so it would have to be a christmas present to him if it turns out to be expensive as it would just feel 'wasted' giving him such a nice gift on a non-special occasion. Maybe I could give it to him for fathers day as it takes place the second sunday of november over here!

I'm in, with the caveat that if I happen to get chosen for this I plan to give it to a good friend for a birthday gift, along with a DE I bought for him to get him started. I would tell him to sign up and include himself in this but trying to keep his gift a secret, so if that's ok then count me in, but if it's intended to go directly to a current forum member that's totally understandable, no harm no foul!
Big props on the generosity of this PIF, it continuously impresses me how the veteran members here make it a point to encourage the growth/exploration of newer members (such as myself)

Top Bottom