What's new

What was your first car?

What was your first set of wheels? Do ya miss it?

Mine was a 1970 Chevy Nova 2 door coupe I bought in 1998. Had a 307 V8, factory A/C, power steering and brakes with a Th350 auto trans. First thing I did was replace the 307 with a .030 over 350 and the points ignition with one of those Petronix conversion kits. Fun car.

She is sitting in a Quonset hut waiting for the money to come in to restore it. It was rust free but had the WORST Maaco paint job. I could buff it all day and it was dull a week later. Must have been cheap enamel.

Legion

Staff member
1980 Mazda 626. It was cheap and reasonably reliable. That is about all I can say about it.

1976 Pontic Firebird. I remember one day after high school driving a bunch of people home in that old thing. I cannot believe how many I fit in that car. There was one sitting in the middle, one in the front passenger seat and one laying across, four in the back seat and one laying across there. Miss that car.

Last edited:
$Honda-Civic_CVCC-1975.jpg

1975 Honda Civic CVCC...except mine was lime green in color.

2004 Chevy Malibu. I think everyone; even if it was a love/hate relationship has some special attachment to their first car...

My first car was this 50 Ford. I bought it when I was 16 in 1972. Now, 40 years later, I still have it and enjoy driving it.

Attachments

• $50 ford.jpg
    $50 ford.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 374

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
1965 Chevy stepvan bread delivery truck. Bought it in '79. Lots of rust. Sliding side door. Pedestal driver's seat. Double swing-open back doors. Did I mention lots of rust? 3 speed on the column, as I recall. I tricked it up into a very poor man's RV and home away from home. Entertained many a young lady in the back of that van. Youth is wasted on the young. If I appreciated then what I appreciate now...

My first car was this 50 Ford. I bought it when I was 16 in 1972. Now, 40 years later, I still have it and enjoy driving it.

How cool is that - my hat's off to you Bowlturner! I had a 1972 Super Beetle Baja Edition. Don't think I'll ever get another, but I think the latest version of the "New" Beetle looks pretty good, particularly with the GTI turbo engine. Maybe I'll get one of those to relive my youth - cheaper than a Vette!

1966 ford Falcon station wagon. Man I had a good time with that ride.

proxy.php
not my car just a google pic

That 1950 Ford reminds me so much of my dad. He is 73 and his first car was a 1932 Ford 3 window Coupe DeLuxe. He still has it. Sat in a garage from 1962 till last year. He came down with cancer and me and his buddies snuck it out and started restoring it while he was in the hospital. Its almost ready to come home to him. I will have to post pics of it. I know the day he got out of the hospital we took him into his friends garage and it was 75% done. He cried. Best feeling I ever had was to see him smile. Yeah first cars do have a hold on ya.

Love the '49 and '50 Fords! The styling and basic shape says "automobile" to me more than any other car made. I love old cars anyway and could want them all.

Except for my first car, that is. I wanted a late model '68 or '69 Plymouth Roadrunner or Dodge Super Bee. Instead I got stuck with a 1970 Renault R 12. This would have been in about 1972. 48 horsepower...whoopie.

Love the '49 and '50 Fords! The styling and basic shape says "automobile" to me more than any other car made. I love old cars anyway and could want them all.

Except for my first car, that is. I wanted a late model '68 or '69 Plymouth Roadrunner or Dodge Super Bee. Instead I got stuck with a 1970 Renault R 10. This would have been in about 1972. 48 horsepower...whoopie.

It was the same color as this one.
$images.jpg

The first car in my name was 1966 Pontiac LeMans I bought brand new in '66 for $2700. A GTO was about $400 more. Mine was Candlelight cream (yellow) with a black vinyl top, 326ci, 4 speed. Sold it in 1970 after our daughter was born, but it was pretty beat by then and starting to rust. The LeMans was fun, but the only car I actually miss is a '92 Buick Century.

Mine was a '79 Jeep Renegade Levi's edition.Bought it in 1988 and was blue and red and had denim seats, but the bottom was totally rusted out and you could see the street below (had to put plywood on the bottom).

Sadly my little brother took it joy riding and didn't know how to use a stick and grinded up the gears something fierce. Good times though and the chicks loved it!

$front4.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom