What's new

Casey Anthony not guilty

Status
Not open for further replies.
She was convicted of only four counts of lying to investigators and will be sentenced by the judge on Thursday. She could receive up to a year in jail for each lying count. Since she has been in jail since August 2008, she could walk free when she is sentenced.:cursing:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
agree 100%. I wonder if the parents will take her back in Thursday when she walks.

Hi, dad. I know my lawyer said you molested me and tried to pin the murder on me, but no hard feelings, right?

agree 100%. I wonder if the parents will take her back in Thursday when she walks.

Didn't the defense team try pin the murder on her father?

Hi, dad. I know my lawyer said you molested me and tried to pin the murder on me, but no hard feelings, right?

Of course they'll take her back. Just watch. She'll be living at home with Mommy and Daddy as soon as she's released.

First, they're obviously an amazingly screwed up family.

Second, for all we know they're all in on it. Daddy knows he'll never get charged with the murder, no matter what the defense attorney said, and that no one will really believe he molested her. So why not let himself be used to sow some "reasonable" doubt? As I said, they are obviously one screwed up family.

She better budget her Lifetime movie deals and book deals wisely, since she'll more than likely have to lay low for quite some time... and her family (except for possibly her Mom, who basically perjured herself to try and get Casey acquitted) will ostracize her.

What shocks me is that you all are jumping to conclusions when I would bet money that none of you were in the courtroom at all & don't even know 1/2 of the story!

Of course they'll take her back. Just watch. She'll be living at home with Mommy and Daddy as soon as she's released.

First, they're obviously an amazingly screwed up family.

Second, for all we know they're all in on it. Daddy knows he'll never get charged with the murder, no matter what the defense attorney said, and that no one will really believe he molested her. So why not let himself be used to sow some "reasonable" doubt? As I said, they are obviously one screwed up family.

Bring in Doctor Drew...wait a minute. Wasn't he one of those talking heads the defense team was talking about?

Tons

My sympathies lie with the deceased little girl. But we live in a country where people are innocent until proven guilty. This is not China or Tudor England. The court of public opinion and idiots like Nancy Grace think they can lambast people and pile on circumstantial evidence and that'll be enough to get someone convicted.

Do I personally think Casey Anthony is guilty? Yes I do. But the media and the prosecution botched this opportunity. If you want to convince 12 people of something beyond a reasonable doubt, get your ducks in a row.

She may have done it. The problem is that there was no way to prove it. If you can't prove beyond ALL REASONABLE DOUBT that she killed the child, then she is innocent.

What I have a real problem with is Nancy Grace. That woman deserves to burn for the things she has said about Casey Anthony. 3 years of constant attacks on Casey Anthony builds a very strong libel lawsuit and I would be glad to see it happen. It is this media BS that infuriates me to no end. I hope Nancy Grace ends up penniless because of her smearing of this woman. She effectively made it impossible for Casey Anthony to ever get a job for the rest of her life.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
That's a club I'd just as soon not be a member of.

$murder.jpg

This was the expected outcome of this case because at the risk of sounding like a sexist pig, women aren't convicted of child murder in the US unless the proof is irrefutable and super iron clad. Most female child killers are usually convicted under some type of mental defect statue.

thank god its over!oh wait there will 6months of rehashing every little detail and then more expert comments about every little detail and does anyone remeber what the judge had for lunch?there is a special place for people who harm children:}

Trials are conducted by the courts, not the press. If she truly is guilty then the press may be to blame for the verdict. The press did their damnedest to sensationalize the case in order to make money. Details of criminal cases should never be disclosed publicly until the case is closed. I'm constantly amazed at the number of people who are motivated to speak on the condition of anonymity.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
"The press did their damnedest to sensationalize the case in order to make money. Details of criminal cases should never be disclosed publicly until the case is closed."

I'm not sure I fathom why this is even national news, a jury returned a verdict in a state trial for murder. Unless one was on the jury, not reading bits of it in some National Inquirer, getting all the facts on the aptly denoted Idiot Box, or tuned into Brother Gore's always truthful Interweb, there is no basis for praise or revulsion at the verdict. Unless of course you do believe that the media tells you everything .. and that you heard the discussions in the jury room, observed every witnesses' testimony, etc.

A little girl died, that is all that's left. Anybody making a buck from that will surely suffer themselves eventually

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom