What's new

Semogue Caravela - LE to the Extreme

I also broke down and ordered one two days ago. My only concern is that I got an e-mail in reply later indicating that Bruno was on vacation from June 20-27 and orders made in that interval would be processed when he returned. Somebody said earlier that there were 30 total of these things. I just hope the web site has been accurately keeping track of remaining inventory, because from all these "I broke down and bought one" postings, it seems like more than 30 of these things should have been ordered by now.

I also broke down and ordered one two days ago. My only concern is that I got an e-mail in reply later indicating that Bruno was on vacation from June 20-27 and orders made in that interval would be processed when he returned. Somebody said earlier that there were 30 total of these things. I just hope the web site has been accurately keeping track of remaining inventory, because from all these "I broke down and bought one" postings, it seems like more than 30 of these things should have been ordered by now.

They're not listed on the website anymore, and I've yet to receive an email saying they're out of stock. We shall see. I really hope we're all able to get them.

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.

Very shortly (less then 5 min.) after I ordered mine last night, they were no longer listed on the website.

They're not listed on the website anymore, and I've yet to receive an email saying they're out of stock. We shall see. I really hope we're all able to get them.

+1

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I think that we'll get ours... by my count there were 11 orders after mine, and I received a shipping confirmation yesterday morning. The fact that this has been taken off of the website makes me think that we got the last few...

Very shortly (less then 5 min.) after I ordered mine last night, they were no longer listed on the website.

+1

I ordered one last nite, and just checked the website. As far as I can see.....the brush is listed.

technically, the brush is still listed, but it definitely now says Out of Stock. The same ways the 2011 LE is still listed there.

I tend to think there are more than 100 made in case of some defective brushes and I imagine his site is set-up to track inventory pretty easily.

that said, i too ordered one due to my interest in the knot.

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
technically, the brush is still listed, but it definitely now says Out of Stock. The same ways the 2011 LE is still listed there.

I tend to think there are more than 100 made in case of some defective brushes and I imagine his site is set-up to track inventory pretty easily.

that said, i too ordered one due to my interest in the knot.

The brush did disappear from the site on the 27th and them reappear yesterday only to disappear again last night. Now it's back with a "Sold Out".

What makes sense to me is this: Bruno deliberately undercounted his stock of the brush for automated ordering while he was on vacation (June 20-27) just to make sure he didn't over sell it. Then yesterday he sold the remaining brushes that he personally verified he had. Today he updated the site to state that it was sold out.

I understood Bruno to say, in one of the forums this brush was made for, that he was keeping the Caravela to a strict LE of 100. I still believe that is the case.

It looks like you guys saved me the trouble.... was reading this thread and the temptation was growing by the minute! But.... they are all sold out now. If anyone decided that they don't want their brush for any reason, please keep me in mind!

Thanks,

JD

As much as I came off looking like an obstreperous curmudgeon, I actually wanted one of these. :lol: I snoozed and lost.

I should get some kinda props for selling out the rest of his inventory!

Hmm... maybe some kind of merit badge - try asking a mod and I'm sure they would be happy to oblige. :lol:

Top Bottom