What's new

Simpson Manchurian

Michael, the Trumper branded brush (which appears to be a rebranded CH3, yes?) looks more "Manchurian" than the actual Manchurian. Nice brushes. How do you feel about the density of the knots, the softness, floppiness, etc.? As I mentioned in my above post, the hair in my Manchurian is much softer, and also the knot doesn't feel as dense - or maybe it's just the softer hair that makes it feel that way. Any any rate, whereas my CH3 two-band Super is one of the densest and stiffest brushes I own, the Manchurian feels more like a mop. Unfortunately, I'm none too fond of it. How do you like yours? How does the Rooney Finest compare?

Hi HoratioCaine,

I agree with your comments about the Manchurian being floppier than the two-band Super (yes my Trumper's-badged, two-band CH3 is marked Super Badger on the back) but I like both equally as different brushes. Perhaps your larger Manchurian Chubby accentuates the softness/floppiness even more? The Rooney's finest is stiffer than my Manchurian but slightly less stiff than the two-band CH2 super. The Rooney is also more of an 'every day' brush due to its smaller size.

Cheers Michael

Top Bottom