What's new

🍎 πŸ‘ 🫐 πŸ“ πŸ‡ 🍊 πŸ₯¦ πŸ₯• SOTD - β€œFruit and Veg Week”! August 29th, 2022 to September 4th, 2022 🍎 πŸ‘ 🫐 πŸ“ πŸ‡ 🍊 πŸ₯¦ πŸ₯•

Status
Not open for further replies.
RR. 84 JAWS

KAI

NIVEA

NIVEA SENSITIVE.

SMOOTH DAY FOR EVERYONE πŸ‘Œ

IMG_20220902_180313.jpg
Β 
256F5570-CF08-47C3-8FFA-4C3329D9D7D8.jpeg

Fruit & Veggie week / Single-Edge September

Prep: Dermalogica Ultracalming Cleanser used w/ a Clarisonic Mia Men

Brush: Omega Boar 10005/80005
Soap: Mike's Natural Soaps - Orange, Cedarwood & Black Pepper

Blade: Gem PTFE
Razor: Gem 1912 Brass

Post: Alum then Dickinson's Deep Cleanser w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

I don't often use Bay Rum, but when I do it's gotta be Pinaud's Virgin Island Bay Rum. 😎
Β 
πŸ’ˆSOTD // Wolfman Ti WR2 SB 1.35 WRH 3/7 // Spearhead Seaforth! Fleur de France Soap and Splash // Simpson M7 Manchurian // Captains Choice Copper Bowl // Perma-Sharp(1)
919224B3-E578-4A06-885B-7C47232C2FAF.jpeg

This soap and splash has a top note of Rosemary that punches you in the face when applying the splash so I’m gonna say it’s on theme for this week πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Ž
Β 

Saturday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Twig Razor
Blade: Gillette 7 O’clock Yellow (D6)
Brush: Shavemac 277 Silvertip 32mm
Scuttle: Georgetown G12 Opal
Pre-Shave Scrub: SheaMoisture African Black Soap
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Spa
Shave Soap: Grooming Dept Jasmine & Civet
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Extro Pirata
​
Β 
Sat 3 SOTD
Soap Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor Fatip OC Slant
Blade Bluebird Platinum 1st
Aftershave B&M Le Grand Chypre Splash
Truly an awesome grand-smelling soap further enhanced by the excellent matching splash which sure can last. The lather was terrific as well...rich creamy and slick, whip up by the excellent brush...
Good easy-to-use razor and blade combination resulted in 3 smooth comfortable and efficient shaves for a bbs finish but also a weeper on the chin...dang!
20220903_085501.jpg
Β 

SOTD : 3rd September 2022.

1.jpg

​
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Mandarin & Lemongrass Extract Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10066 Boar.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather : MWF.
Blade: Dorco st300. (D1)
Razor: Merkur 37C.

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men Replenishing PSB./Denim Original EdT.

Greetings,

(Face & head Shave.)

A new eclectic shave set up to start the Weekend....Maiden shave using the recently purchased Omega 10066 boar brush.

I had already gave the brush a five minute soak in tepid water & pre-wash with Dettol anti-bacterial hand soap leaving it to soak for a few minutes to get rid of any nasties, and to remove any few loose hairs repeated the process, to remove the very faint natural piggy fragrance which the Dettol soap removed and finally a rinse with warm & cold water to remove any soap residue...As with most boar/natural hair brushes with regular use it'll be a great brush especially for face /dome-head lathering.

Another wonderful addition to my humble boar brush collection.

For the next month or longer i intend use both my SE & DE razors,+ my Boar brushes, and carry on with a focus run of the mass stock pile of various DE blades which i have accumulated through my past ''impulsive buying urges" and more importantly to start using them up...Starting with the Dorco st300 which paired together with the Merkur 39C wonderfully making a smooth efficient duo.

Due to me having such a vast amount of various Dorco blade's and because they are so in-expensive I'll use them for two shave's regardless if i could possibly get more shaves from them i retire them to the blade bin especially for head shaving which dulls the blade edge much quicker than face shaving.

The Dorco st300 blade are like a lot of DE blades i have used they are not the most aggressive blade, but i find them very smooth and forgiving and pair together with all my DE razors.

Another close comfortable, acceptable face & head shave with errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small few small squirts of Denim Original EdT to the pulse points.

My face and precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine.πŸ˜‰

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.😎
Β 
Date:03.09.2022
Focused participations:3/30 Days in GRUME (3.3% completed and formally out)
246/246 in 365 days of shaving (100%)
Other participations:Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
Razor:Razorine Flatboy 72
Blade:Dorco ST300HQ (1)
Brush:DVH synthetic badger
Soap:TGS Orange Empire
Bowl:Proraso Green
Preshave:Cold splash
Proraso Green preshave
Postshave:Proraso Green (A/S)
Proraso Green (Balm)
Passes:WTG (NE-SW)
XTG (W-E)
ATG (S-N)
Efficiency:6/10 (30 minutes)
Quality:5/10 (Multiple weepers)
Comfort:5/10 (Tugging)
Effectiveness:9/10 (BBS)
I am still on a learning curve regarding the Razorine. The best angle is neither steep nor shallow it appears and definitely straight forward strokes only. I stopped using slanted strokes with this razor, because most the weepers were a result of technique. Blade combination is not right either. I have loaded her with a Dorco Titan for tomorrow and the Gillette 365 seemed to yield good shaves too if I remember correctly. This one does not so much. And it’s not the blade itself because in other razors it performs quite well - although there is a reason why I have not stocked up on this blade beyond 100.

The end results funnily enough are amazing:BBS. But redness on the neck and burning sensation on the cheeks is less fun.

We experience, we observe, we learn.
Β 

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
8E53524A-520E-4556-B3CC-A130FC28CCDB.jpeg

1) Germany: Brush Vintage Muhle Erzeugnisse Shaving Brush.
2) USA: Shaving Soap Long Rifle Bay Rhum Shaving Soap.
3) China: Razor King C Gillette DE razor.
4) Russia: Razor Blade King C Gillette DE blade.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) USA: Aftershave Tonic Long Rifle Bay Rhum Shave Tonic.
Β 
Saturday September 3,2022
The last of this awesome Strawberry scented soap. I will definitely purchase this one again.

Cold Water Shave
Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Fougère Nemeta
Razor: Henson AL13 +++
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Razor: Gillette Styler

1662205770345.png
Β 

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, September 3rd 2022

Razor : Yaqi Mercury chrome, Mfg 2022> mild to tame mid range, unique lather port on each side, evenly centers blade and the finish is excellent for smoothness.
Blade : Gillette silver blue(4) top tier, sharp & smoooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : Yaqi Musketeer Rapier, nice musk scent with excellent lather qualities. Artisan Master soap creations S.A was commissioned by Yaqi to create their line of soaps and aftershaves.
Brush: Yaqi "Ever Helpful"22mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, excellent splay scrubber + great painter. This brush is unique with its short dense loft making it a great scrubber for those who enjoy that IMO.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Witch Hazel beard cleanse + Yaqi Musketeer Rapier splash + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my Yaqi Mercury chrome razor with GSB.
SOTD Septemper 3 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!
Β 

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Fruit & Veg Week - The Fruitiest of Shaves!

What’s more fruity than Fruit Punch! And the king of all the fruit punches is the venerable Hawaiian Punch!

So the centerpiece of this shave is PAA’s Aloha Smackdown set. Get the double entendre? This has been in my top three soaps since it was released years ago in the original Crown King forumula. But this CK-6 version is the bomb! Literally a fruit bomb. I bought my first tub of Aloha Smackdown directly from Douglas Smythe on a boat sailing around the Statue of Liberty. True story. Like my last shave, if you are a fan of subtle scents, or lean towards the more manly musky cologne style scents, or barbershop scents, just walk away now. This is a massive explosion of seriously strong Hawaiian Punch. The Star Jelly Aloha Smackdown is divine. Super rich scent, with a soothing gel base that is a huge improvement over the old Star Jelly that came in the tube.

The Wolf Whiskers β€œFruit Stripe” Brush is a one-off custom with a 26 mm Tuxedo knot. Peter Wolf made this brush as part of the raffle prizes at an Italian Feast down in South Jersey just for shaving crazies. I was the lucky guy that got this brush. But everyone there was a winner, because there were enough generous door prize donations to go around twice. And the food was awesome. Great brush though! Really soft, great backbone, and even has a little bit of scrub.

And even though the Tradere OC is not fruity in any way, I loaded it up with a new style Platinum that comes is this delicious blueberry box!

Fantastic shave today! Stay smooth!

69B81882-CF43-4089-B5AF-F99B42FDB7F5.jpeg
Β 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom