What's new

Anyone who doesn't like Nacets?

Nacet Stainless blades feel identical to 7 O'Clock Stainless and I don't like either. They feel harsh, uncoated and not all that sharp.

If you can get Nacet Platinum blades made in Russia (I haven't seen any for years), treat yourself to some of the best blades ever made.

I am going to PIF all my Nacet Stainless and 7 O'Clock Stainless blades when I get around to it.

Nacet Stainless blades feel identical to 7 O'Clock Stainless and I don't like either. They feel harsh, uncoated and not all that sharp.

If you can get Nacet Platinum blades made in Russia (I haven't seen any for years), treat yourself to some of the best blades ever made.

I am going to PIF all my Nacet Stainless and 7 O'Clock Stainless blades when I get around to it.
I didn't even know there are two kinds of Nacets. 🤔
I have the steel version. Are the Platinums hard to get?

Is everyone here talking about the same version when they give their impression of the Nacet?

Flanders

Stupid sexy Wing Nut

Is everyone here talking about the same version when they give their impression of the Nacet?
I don't think those Nacets he is talking about were made in Russia. They show up in discussions occasionally and not usually favourably. That sounds more like Minora for the SA market, available but limited and discontinued.

I don't think those Nacets he is talking about were made in Russia. They show up in discussions occasionally and not usually favourably. That sounds more like Minora for the SA market, available but limited and discontinued.
They were made in Russia. There is an older Nacet Platinum with a mainly white artwork that is terrible:
7eXplUS.jpg

The Russian Nacet Platinum has similar artwork to the current Nacet Stainless. I couldn't find a photo on-line and I can't take a photo of the ones in my stockpile right now. They are impossible to find these days.

I just found one image of the Russian Nacet Platinum. Look at the top right:
source.jpeg
That's the one I am talking about.

Top left is the poor quality "Made For Gillette UK" Nacet Platinum. Not sure where it was made - rumour was somewhere else in Eastern Europe when they were discussed here years ago.

Bottom left is the older packaging of the current Gillette Nacet Stainless.

Bottom right is poor quality - similar to the top left.

Amusingly, I believe I took that photo originally and posted it to B&B. I recognise my leather settee. It's now on another site I have never heard of.

Flanders

Stupid sexy Wing Nut
They were made in Russia. There is an older Nacet Platinum with a mainly white artwork that is terrible:
View attachment 1460933

The Russian Nacet Platinum has similar artwork to the current Nacet Stainless. I couldn't find a photo on-line and I can't take a photo of the ones in my stockpile right now. They are impossible to find these days.
There it is, I remember some people posting how excited they were to try a Nacet. Then they posted these.

The Russian Platinums are new to me and I completely forgot about the Supers. I need to get back to trawling the auction site for obscure blades, I am getting rusty.

I tried blades from a couple different 100 packs. They were very very bad. Bar none the worst blades I have tried.

Lots of people love them, it is what it is. They are cheap so give them a try?

I can’t recommend them however.

When I first started DE shaving regularly with an R41 someone recommended the Nacet works well in that razor- low and behold that was the case and also true with any other razor I've tried
That is the same for me. Very good blade in any of my razors.
They do smooth out after a shave or two. I think I like the Perma-Sharp Supers a bit more. It may depend on the razor, too. The first shave on most blades is not the best, IME.
I think Nacet and Perma-Sharp are both first class blades, both sharp and smooth. I can't really discern the difference, though Perma-Sharp is a few dollars less for a hundred pack.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I found them a little scritchy for a day or two, but they were sublime by day three, stayed that way a week or so, fell off slowly, and could last quite awhile. For that day 3-7 or 8 period they provided superlative shaves. That said, I use Personna Lab blues, and they seem to need no breaking in, shave close comfortably, and last nicely.

I found them a little scritchy for a day or two, but they were sublime by day three, stayed that way a week or so, fell off slowly, and could last quite awhile. For that day 3-7 or 8 period they provided superlative shaves. That said, I use Personna Lab blues, and they seem to need no breaking in, shave close comfortably, and last nicely.
For out of the box comfort, GSB's and Personna Lab's are very good.

Perma-Sharp and Nacet might be a wee bit sharper, which might account for not being quite as smooth? Still, I can easily live with them on the first shave. I can use them in the R41 without issue and get an ultra close shave without irritation. In the 34c, all the shaves are comfortable.

I don't like Nacets!
And I don't like Silver Blue's either!
Both were rough for me.
The only two Gillette's that I haven't liked and apparently they are loved by many.
For me in Gillette, the best are Perma-Sharp & Gillette Platinum (blue box with the white letters!)
But Personna Lab Blues & Bic Astor (red box) take my #1 & #2 spots!
I've tried a ton of blades and those 2 are unbeatable for me.

i've recently got my hands on minora stainless in gold package and i'm not 100% sure if it's the same like the yellow minora stainless or not, but i like it a lot. it's still not a very widely available blade and not very easy to find though. I find them to be just as good as Nacet and maybe slightly sharper and nearly or just as smooth.

Screenshot 2022-10-20 at 10-30-53 Gilette Żyletki Do Golenia Minora 10szt.png

i've recently got my hands on minora stainless in gold package and i'm not 100% sure if it's the same like the yellow minora stainless or not, but i like it a lot. it's still not a very widely available blade and not very easy to find though. I find them to be just as good as Nacet and maybe slightly sharper and nearly or just as smooth.

View attachment 1542332
The Nacet works beautifully in MOST of my razors, R89 being a key exception for me.

Minora's (SS) in my R89 fill that void, so wonderful.
I have yet to try the Platinum version.

@Medivh - I wonder if those are simply the 10blade packaging; my yellow tucks are all fivers.

The Nacet works beautifully in MOST of my razors, R89 being a key exception for me.

Minora's (SS) in my R89 fill that void, so wonderful.
I have yet to try the Platinum version.

@Medivh - I wonder if those are simply the 10blade packaging; my yellow tucks are all fivers.

It's probably the same as the yellow Minora Stainless. I was told that they Minora Platinum has been discontinued recently, but that might not be 100% true. I've used a single Minora Platinum a while ago and from what I remember it was decent, but I think the Stainless is a bit sharper and overall a much better blade, for me at least.

It's probably the same as the yellow Minora Stainless. I was told that they Minora Platinum has been discontinued recently, but that might not be 100% true. I've used a single Minora Platinum a while ago and from what I remember it was decent, but I think the Stainless is a bit sharper and overall a much better blade, for me at least.
I've been wanting to try the Platinum since I learned about them, but they seem a bit more enigmatic than the SS Minoras.
I wouldn't be surprised with my liking of SS over the Plat as well; to me is very much the case with Astras.

Had a Nacet piffed to me, and did not like it at all. Felt like a Vokshod for me, sharp, but extremely scratchy, pulling slightly. Face felt a little warm after use. Not for me...

I recently purchased a 100 pack of Nacets. They’re pretty good blades but not in my top 3 blades. Probably a top 5 blade for me though

I am glad I am not the only one who doesn't like Nacet blades. I wanted to like them because everyone said how great they were but I guess they are just not for me. They are very sharp but just don't provide a smooth shave at all. I don't like the way my face feels afterwards either. Oh well...to each their own! Too bad I don't have 16,347 other different blade options to choose from:)

Last edited:
Top Bottom